Sign in to follow this  
bwells

New To TileProxy

Hello,Can you please tell me how this program works? I have installed it to FSX but don't see any changes alittle would be greatful.ThanksBrett Wells

Guest cbuchner1

The user manual has a section about using the program.For those who don't read the manual it's "Load filter driver and run proxyuser" from the Start MenuProgramsTileProxy.However it only works if you previously adjusted the configuration (the INI File). That may require some help from people who previously got it to work.Then start FSX and try to fly.

Hi Christian,Seems like this is an excellent addon - if you can get it to work!!I tried installing and using it on FS9 and getthe following message:"Directory is C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9TileProxy on drive C:ATTACH successful... Instance Name: Tileproxy InstanceThe system cannot execute the specified program.Press any key to continue . . ."This does not tell me - a non-techie - anything. HELP!!!!I have modified the proxyuser.ini per the "primer" thread above but nothing seems to work.Has anyone had much luck with Tile Proxy on FS9?

Hmmm. Christian mentioned a few words about a making sure there's a "valid .exe path" for FS9 in this thread, and I've posted a few screenshots of TP in FS9 there you can check out:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=1334&page=Christian will know better perhaps what you're error message may describe, he checks in pretty frequently here, but it doesn't sound like the ProxyUser.ini user configurations are the problem as it seems you're not even getting to the texture loading session...Just for good measure though you can download a preconfigured .ini file here http://www.edtruthan.com/tileproxy/ini to compare it with yours to see if your .ini configurations were correct: Fs9 and TileProxy make a swell pair actually, and the texture loading seems even faster, likely because the max texture resolution is lower. Also, unlike FSX you don't have to limit your frame rate for faster loading, the HIGHER you can get it the better the loading. I can run FPS at the "Unlimited" setting and I get 60-80 FPS. I can fly faster and smoother in FS9 too because of it. The trade off is the resolution. Once you've seen the CRISP 1.1 m/pixel textures in FSX you're hooked. Good luck and let us know how you do.

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

I recieved the following response from Christian: "looks like Simconnect.dll didn't install on your machine. Maybe because yourmachine is not capable of having a Side By Side Assemble cache (WinSXS)or maybe because it's missing the .NET framework.then the program would refuse to load stubbornly.Christian"So, Christian, is there a solution? and what do i need to do to correct it?

Guest cbuchner1

Try to run a simconnect.msi installer manually. Does it refuse to install? Which error message would you be getting?I assume you have Windows XP SP2 with the .NET Framework 1.0 and 2.0 installed?

Win Xp SP2.How do I do all of the other stuff you suggested - pardon me, I am reasonably computer literate, but I am no techie.I can follow instructions if you can give me the directions.If you like, we can chat on Skype or any messenger - pm me your screenname.I really appreciate your help.

M_av,MS Net Framework 2.0 can be downloaded here:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=enIt's good to have it on your computer anyway as there are so many programs these days that require it. Install that first the try running simmconnect.msi(I believe there's a simmconnect.msi installer in your "TileProxy" program folder.) One question: Do you have both FSX AND FS9 on your computer? If you only have FS9, TP's installer needs to be directed to install TP's "TileProxy" program folder in your FS9 root folder when installing.

- T. S. Eliot

Hi Truthan,I have Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 installed but not 2.0. Do I need to install 2.0?Doubleclicking the simmconnect.msi in the Tileproxy folder under FS9 runs the installer showing the progress bar but get no messages whether installation was successful or not.Thank you, Christian and Truthan, for your help.

Actually I've just noticed MS has now released .net Framework 3.0 In most cases, having the latest version of anything is the best.One other thought. Have you DISABLED all virus and spyware applications, and any or all firewall apps such as windows XP SP2 firewall? Many problems arise with these things activated...

- T. S. Eliot

So do I need MS framework 2.0 and 3.0. I'd rather not install 3.0 yet if I don't need to right now.I had disabled the antivirus but not the MS firewall. Google earth and Virtual earth run fine with both on right now.If I were to disable both do I need to uninstall TileProxy and reinstall after all of the above?Pardon my ignorance but in the world of computing a question ALWAYS comes up (may be its just me!) where you just don't know how to answer!! Granted the entire "system" setup is to provide the user with the most flexibility and performance but please don't confuse the poor user with the technical stuff.Sorry for the rant - Truthan, I know you are trying to help and it is sincerely appreciated.

Assuming you have XP SP2 installed the Windows Firewall disable would be at Start>Control Panel>Windows Firewall. Though it doesn't sound like it's your main problem, isabling it is just a minor precaution to avoid other possible difficulties.I would uninstall everything TP related, if there is a TileProxy folder in your FS9 root folder, and/or a "TileProxy Photreal World" folder left over afterward, manually delete them as well, install at least the .net framwork 2.0, reboot, and carefully try a re-install of Tp making sure (I'm assuming you don't have FSX installed) to install TP in your FS9 root folder, and try again.If you have the same problem as before with the "The system cannot execute the specified program"...well, without seeing the problem/system in front of me, I confess it's beyond my expertise and knowledge of TP to know what else to try.You may want to post or contact the user ("IBurn") in this thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchHe once had the same problem with TP but the thread doesn't say if he fixed it or not.Good luck, and let us know if you get it going.

- T. S. Eliot

Thanks to Christian and Truthan.For FS9 and TileProxy, the problem was lack of .NET 2.0.For some reason the FSX liscence agreement came on. I dont have FSX on my machine - had tried the demo and it did not work so I uninstalled it.Firewall and Antivirus did not pose any problems.It takes a long time to load up the images but it does work.Thanks Christian for this wonderful utility addon.My hardware cannot handle FSX so I'll pass on it for now. But based on pics and videos I've seen thus far, its amazing!How do you turn off the downloading and tell TileProxy to use whatever is in the cache?

Great News! Congradulations and welcome to the Tileproxy world...To enable Tp's "offline mode" change the "offline_mode=No" part of this entry in your ProxyUser.ini to "offline_mode=Yes":# Offline Mode - No network access will occur (Yes/True/On to enable)offline_mode=NoAnd, since you're using FS9, you might want to set up your ProxyUser.ini texture server entries and FS9 display settings with the parameters and tips I've sketched out in this thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=1439&page=Good Luck and Happy Landings!

- T. S. Eliot