Sign in to follow this  
Guest Challenger604

Update Progress Acheived

Guest Challenger604

For those having problems with Blurries.I uninstalled SP1 without any problems. RE-Installed TP without checking the SP1 button.Everything worked perfectly and lo and behold during FSX the tile download speed is at like 200-300 versus 25-30. So SP1 was deffinatly slowing things down. Using Ya*** serverSo what does this mean? I can fly farther now before I have to refresh. However even in the Piper Cub after about 10 mintues of flying there are no sharp textures to be found. And they never catch up. Before after about 10 minutes my texture were blank so there is improvement.So now what?? Is there a tweak in the proxyuser.ini that will allow for a faster speeds?My current cable speed is 5.4MB DL and 2.9MB upload

Guest Challenger604

Updating my update.I now just fly for about 10 minutes and hit "Y" to slew or pause for about 1 minute and the textures catch up. It kinda sucks that the terrain behind me is sharper than in front but O well. Here are some pics of a flight from Big Bear CA to Onterio CA. Victorville is in the first shot and the San Gabriel Mountains are in the second shot. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174398.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174399.jpg

Guest cbuchner1

Move TPS by locking frames to 15 or 20 and at the same time setting FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION to 0.6 or higher (0.8, 1.0...) but that impacts frame rates even more.So if the terrain is sharper behind you, why not fly backwards ? ;) jus t kidding.

Guest Challenger604

Those are the exact settings I am using FPS locked at 15 and Fiber at 0.60.Thanks for the suggestion. I just need the tiles to download faster. I hope a future version will allow that to happen.What is the max tiles that can be loaded in advance? 15?Thanks

Guest cbuchner1

Loading more than 15 tiles in advance wouldn't help much, really. Because FSX/FS9 still has to ask for them. If I've loaded tiles in advance, I can just provide them more quickly when FSX actually asks for them.But if FSX/FS9 asks for another tile, then well... that's a cache miss and I have to go look again ;)What's limiting you is the speed with which FSX asks for tiles.

Guest Challenger604

Hummmmm any idea if there is a tweak in the .cfg file where I can have FSX ask for MORE!!!Thanks