Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

VFR Toys: Scout, Decathlon and Citabra

Guest cbuchner1

Hi there,just got my self some handy flight kit that harmonizes well with TileProxy. I needed some slow flying general aviation aircraft and since I did not really want to go as far back as World War I (e.g. the Tiger Moth) I decided to get Real Air's "Scout" package, which consists of three aircraft.The American Champion Citabria 7GCBC The American Champion Decathlon 8KCAB The American Champion Scout 8GCBCThe scout comes in three variations. I particularly like the scout with the big wheels - the "Tundra" type. That will make a dent on the runway! ;)Everything pretty nicely modeled (interior and exterior) and at 10 Euros per aircraft (plus VAT) not too expensive. Excellent gear for flying low and slow.The only downside that I see is that you cannot order this on DVD and the product code they give you is only valid for 5 installations.You're welcome to post your aircraft recommendations in this thread. Freeware or payware - doesn't matter. Anything that's good for sightseeing. Fixed wings or not, rotor blades or not. Doesn't matter.Christian

Guest wolfram_ravenwolf

>You're welcome to post your aircraft recommendations in this>thread. Freeware or payware - doesn't matter. Anything that's>good for sightseeing. Fixed wings or not, rotor blades or not.>Doesn't matter.For FS2004, I'd recommend the RealAir Cessna 172 (http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?FileName=ras172_fs9.zip).For FSX, I'd give the new Cessna 150 a try (http://drk.free.fr/tutoriels/creation/c150_en.php).Both are freeware GA planes.

Guest cbuchner1

Ah, Cessna. Way too "standard" for my taste. ;)

Christian, I downloaded some novel aircraft here on avsim just to use for 'sightseeing" and tile proxy. It is the Goodyear blimps and they look and handle nice. The file is goodyear_blimp.zip. It even has the nice "rolling sign' on it. Hope someone can use it....Happy Flying, DannyPS I think there are 3 variations with the package

Guest Challenger604

Nice Shots. Any other options for the BEST freeware slowflyers?

Hi,I like the Cessna150, a freeware with a better quality as many paywares and the Saab Saphir (Sibwings) a cheap payware, both are of outstanding quality.BTW the pictures are Val di Gardena in the Dolomites, North of Italy, my favorite holiday destination. Now I can enjoy the views the hole year!Hugo

Guest cbuchner1

Does the Saab work in FSX without any problems? I am considering getting it...