Sign in to follow this  
Farlis

Thank You Christian!

I was a bit hesitant to use TP at first. Not enough hd space, little experience with setting up servers. But I made the step and just finished an hour long flight in my prefered holiday region: South Tyrol and the Dolomites.I don't have any screenshots to share, but I got treated with perfection. I only use FS9 so the resolution is limited, nontheless I was able to recognize all the places I went hiking last year. All this coupled with the 19 meter mesh of the alps gave the first satisfying flight in this area ever. There simply is no landclass available that is accurate enough to account for the subtle differences of meadows, forrests and rock to be found in this area of the world.This was especially pleasing since I lost my camera during last years trip over there and was now able to recreate the vistas with my flightsimulator.Daf

Guest cbuchner1

Nichts zu danken.You're welcome. If you have any suggestions how to make this program better, please let me know.Which service did you choose? Virtual Earth? Google? Yahoo?

I switch to whatever seems to have the best coverage for the area I want to fly in. For this flight in particular I used Virtual Earth because it has Italy in high res ortophotos. Then I tried flying in New Hampshire around Mt. Washington. The resolution is fine but the coverage from this area is winter or early spring in Virtual Earth. Google has the summer pictures. So it's a matter of taste.Too bad that there still doesn't seem to be a decent coverage of Austria. It's the only grey spot left in the alps now. One could fly from Nice over the complete french alps, Switzerland, Germany and Italy in decent coverage. But Austria is still lacking. Neither Google nor Virtual Earth has good source data.By the way:Beta5 is said to have a menu option within FS, so that one can switch services. Is this for the FSX version alone? I can't seem to find it in FS9.

Guest cbuchner1

Yeah, I could need some help adding menu options to FS9. ;)