Sign in to follow this  
Guest squarejawhero

Stuck at 36%...

Guest squarejawhero

Firstly, thanks for creating such a great program! Unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work. I've copied over the info from one of the ini files found on this forum, only changing the url's, but for some reason FSX is stuck... for AGES... on 36%. Thing is it locks up FSX and I can't use Firefox when it's like this nor bring up the program manager to shut it down.The final reading on Tileproxy is; (0)- Done!Any ideas?

Guest cbuchner1

Most of the time it's Antivirus programs causing this kind of hangups.Some antivirus programs (like NOD32) can only be shut down properly using the provided management console. Simply shutting off the control application in the task bar is not sufficient.

Guest squarejawhero

Thanks, I'll give that a try.:(

Guest squarejawhero

Well, turning off Avast worked!Unfortunately my FSX doesn't want to play ball. I've not got a fast machine and everything's rendered in blurry blocks... it started off OK, took a trip from Narita to Tokyo, but once I hit Tokyo it was block-city. Looked like none of the textures weren't streaming properly or something, really no detail at all.Got an Nvidia 7600GT and an Athlon 64 3800 with 1GB ram.

Guest cbuchner1

Yes I also have some blurs even flying only 80 knots. Usually pausing for a minute or two will allow the terrain to catch up.The main performance indicator to watch out for is "Individual tiles accessed, per second. That is printed on the Tileproxy console ("DOS box") once per second.You should have 300-500 tiles per second accessed most of the time, otherwise your PC cannot keep up with loading. If you get significantly less, you should try some tweakingi.e. lock your frame rate to 15-20 frames per second. That makes tile loading faster.

Guest squarejawhero

Thanks, I'll give that a try.Actually been having some problems after some tweaks with FSX, so I've reinstalled (pretty epic to do in itself). Just need to do the mipmap tweak and I'll get it going!

Guest squarejawhero

OK, seems to be running better now... but the LOD radius is TEENSY! Nothing like some of even the smaller rig pics I've been looking at here... Any ideas?Oh, and it's 3-500 on the ITA. :(

Guest squarejawhero

OK upping the LOD to Medium instead of low and turning on Anisotropic filtering helped. Now, FSX runs alright but I'm only getting good images initially, and after flying a bit I start flying over blocks, as if the sim isn't keeping pace - and this is in the power glider.I could show you what I mean if I could find the screenshot folder... agh!edit; FOUND IT -Looks fine here!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174989.jpgOh balls...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174990.jpg

Guest squarejawhero

OK, I've been desperately trying to get this to work all weekend. I've tried reinstalling FSX and using it without SP1 (no textures appear at all that way), tried vanilla FSX and the textures stream fine, but it just won't do it with Tileproxy. It's like it renders the immediate area where you start or redraw the graphics and then doesn't bother to crawl the update along with the plane.Any ideas?

Guest cbuchner1

No textures at all without SP1? Strange.You need to reinstall Tileproxy without the "Service Pack 1 is installed" checkbox to make it work with the RTM version. The installer uses two different binaries depending on whether you have SP1 or not. The reason is that Microsoft haven't kept the simconnect.dll of SP1 backwards compatible to the RTM version of FSX. Or in other words: The Tileproxy SP1 binary won't work with the FSX RTM version.

Guest squarejawhero

>>No textures at all without SP1? Strange.>>You need to reinstall Tileproxy without the "Service Pack 1 is>installed" checkbox to make it work with the RTM version. The>installer uses two different binaries depending on whether you>have SP1 or not. The reason is that Microsoft haven't kept the>simconnect.dll of SP1 backwards compatible to the RTM version>of FSX. Or in other words: The Tileproxy SP1 binary won't work>with the FSX RTM version.>AHA! That'd be why. Thanks! Meanwhile I used your CFG file and I'm running it with everything on max for the first time ever... so cheers for putting it out there! Before it was a juddering mess...

Guest squarejawhero

Update - no, even without SP1 the textures seem to stay loaded from the initial point and don't update as you fly. San Fran seemed a good pick to test it out and no, it loads the initial tile set and that's it. Checked the forums and I think it's not just me though, but I'm happy to get it running well at last even without your program! :( Cheers!

Guest squarejawhero

BUMP! Sorry, Christian, but I really want to get this working! ^_-Any ideas about why this is occuring? I'm flying at too low a speed for it NOT to update using the hanglider.Specs -AMD Athlon 64 3800+MSI AM2 K9 Neo-F1GB memoryGeforce 7600 GT