Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeMiraglia

Not working

Guest MikeMiraglia

Greetings all. I just got turned on to this Tile Proxy project and decided to give it a try. I followed the directions, at least I thought I did, but for some reason only the departure airport is being affected, the rest of the world remains unchanged. Any help please?

Could you specify your problem? Are you saying that when you switch your location via the FS Menu the new area is not covered?

Guest MikeMiraglia

When I load a new flight, only the ground textures at the airport are new, the rest of my scenery remains default. When I switch to a different airport the same thing happens. Here is a screenshot to help.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175164.jpg

Guest squarejawhero

Do you find if you fly from the airport that the textures blur as you get further and further from the initial load point?

Something is amiss there. You shouldn't have working autogen when tileproxy is operating.Are you sure it is properly connected to FS?

Guest MikeMiraglia

I went ahead and started all over from scratch, but it still won't work for me. I followed the instructions for altering the proxyuser.ini file in this forum, and I am showing that SimConnect is running.

Guest cbuchner1

Just to make sure, you DO start Tileproxy and it opens a shell console... If you forget that, you'll get default scenery.

Guest MikeMiraglia

Yes, that is correct. I first start the Tileproxy, then I start FS9. When I start a flight, I see the ground textures in a square around the airport, but nowhere else. I tried all three mapping services listed in the help section of this forum, but nothing will work. I just re-installed Tileproxy and did the configuration again, but I get the same results. Thanks for looking into this matter.-Mike

Guest MikeMiraglia

Here you go, and thanks for helping. I really can't wait to get to use this program.*edit* I just noticed that the lines above each service example do not show up in this forum. The one for service example 1 reads virtualearth.net.## Start a line with # to comment it out.# Turn your text editor's Word Wrapping OFF for editing this document.## Read the manual for help with configuration. Do not contact the# author about the configuration for particular services. Thank you.#[TileProxy]# Enable or disable worldwide photographic scenery coverage (Yes/True/On to enable)master_enable=On# Offline Mode - No network access will occur (Yes/True/On to enable)offline_mode=No# The distance up to which LOD 15 (1.1m/pixel) would be loaded (only applies to FS9 and FSX RTM)lod_distance=1000# Resolution limiter: 15 = 1.1m/pixel, 14 = 2.3m/pixel, 13 = 4.75m/pixel# Lower resolutions load faster, but are visually less appealing.max_lod=15# Number of Tiles to read-ahead. Speeds up communication between proxyUser and tileproxy.syspreload=15# The currently active service is configured here. Only ONE active source please.# The other source statements should be commented out.#source=Acme Globe Service source=virtualearth.net#source=Service Example 2#source=Service Example 3# The sources you want to be able to switch from the GUI menu.# Separate the list entries with | and enclose in quotes. Make sure the# names specified here are valid services which are defined below.# You may want to rename the services according to your preference,# but make sure you replace all occurences of the strings.menu_sources="Service Example 1|Service Example 2|Service Example 3"## Here begin the service specific configurations#[Acme Globe Service]cache_folder=cache.acmenetwork_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://server*.acmeglobe.com|path=/terraintile?pos=%s&v=10|quad=ABCD|balance=0123|agent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; The TileProxy Project)"min_level=9max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=25[virtualearth.net]cache_folder=cache.service1network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://a*.ortho.tiles.virtualearth.net|path=/tiles/a%s.jpeg?g=52|quad=0123|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=9max_level=17level_mapping=9,10,11,12,14,14,15,16,17#level_mapping=9,10,11,14,14,14,15,16,17color_hack=Yescolor_level=13bulk_extend=50[service Example 2]cache_folder=cache.service2network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=1|server=http://kh*.google.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=5max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=50[service Example 3]cache_folder=....cache.service3network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://us.maps3.google.com|path=/aerial.maps.google.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=1.5&t=a|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=5max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=50

At first glance I spot two things:# Resolution limiter: 15 = 1.1m/pixel, 14 = 2.3m/pixel, 13 = 4.75m/pixel# Lower resolutions load faster, but are visually less appealing.max_lod=15 <<<==== If you use the program under FS9 set this value to 13And here you should replace the "google" with "yimg" for it to connect to yahoo maps:module_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://us.maps3.google.com|path=/aerial.maps.google.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=1.5&t=a|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=5max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=50Now other than that the .ini looks more or less fine to my eyes so that can't be the cause unless I am overlooking something. Christian may shed some light if he sees this.My next step would be to make sure that your scenery.cfg file actually shows the 90 World entries that tileproxy makes and that they are all active.Because what I see in your screenshot is Seattle as per default. The photoreal texture underneath the airport is stock as well and not part of tileproxy.

Guest MikeMiraglia

Thank you very much for helping me with this. Is it necessary for me to change the google to yimg if I am using virtualearth.net? Also, how would I know if the scenery.cfg file shows the 90 world entries? Thanks again for helping out here, I really can't wait to see this stuff in action.

>Also, how would I know if the scenery.cfg file shows the 90 world >entries? Thanks again for helping out here, I really can't wait to >see this stuff in action.By looking at it. Either directly by opening it with the editor or by checking your scenery library within flightsimulator. They show up there. You will recognize them if you see them. If you don't, then they are most probably not there, and that would then be the reason why it isn't working.I thought you would at least know the basics of adding new sceneries to Flightsimulator. >Is it necessary for me to change the google to yimg if I am using >virtualearth.net?No. Just for yahoo maps. But you said you tried all three services. That little error is enough to render the third one inoperative. So even if there would be no other issues, which we will sort out eventually, it would still not work with all three of them.

Guest MikeMiraglia

I guess now would be a good time to learn whatever I'm missing about adding scenery. What am I suppose to be adding? Nothing has been added to my cfg as of yet.thanks,Mike

Normally the installation should have automatically added 90 entries in your scenery cfg that should something like this (note that I currently have turned them inactive that's why the line Active reads FALSE instead of TRUE):[Area.458]Title=WORLD_0000Active=FALSELayer=458Local=..TileProxy Photoreal World0000[Area.459]Title=WORLD_0001Active=FALSELayer=459Local=..TileProxy Photoreal World0001[Area.460]Title=WORLD_0002Active=FALSELayer=460Local=..TileProxy Photoreal World0002[Area.461]Title=WORLD_0003Active=FALSELayer=461Local=..TileProxy Photoreal World0003[Area.462]Title=WORLD_0004Active=FALSELayer=462Local=..TileProxy Photoreal World0004[Area.463]Title=WORLD_0005Active=FALSELayer=463Local=..TileProxy Photoreal World0005[Area.464]Title=WORLD_0007Active=FALSELayer=464Local=..TileProxy Photoreal World0007etc....If this hasn't happened then something went wrong with the installation. I suggest that you deinstall the programm once more and reinstall it again. Make sure that the installer is pointing to the correct path of your flight simulator installation. It doeesn't read the correct one from the registry. After installation you should find a folder named TileProxy Photoreal World in the Microsoft Games folder right next to your Flight Simulator folder. In it are 90 subfolders and a cleanup.bat.In your Flight Simulator folder itself there should also be a folder called TileProxy. This is where the actual program is residing.