Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeMiraglia

Not working

>I guess now would be a good time to learn whatever I'm missing about adding scenery. But this isn't the first time you added a scenery to your FS, isn't it? Don't tell me that it is.There is a reason why the manual states that you need at least a basic form of experience with this kind of stuff.

Guest MikeMiraglia

I have the 90 folders next to my FS9 directory, and I have the Tileproxy folder in my FS9 directory, but nothing was added to my cfg. I will reinstall and report back later. Thanks for the help.

Guest MikeMiraglia

No, of course not, I have plenty of scenery addons. This was just one of those things that I overlooked. I'll have to confess to being human and having a brain lapse on this one. I guess this should resolve my issue, if not, I'll let you know.

>I have the 90 folders next to my FS9 directory, and I have>the Tileproxy folder in my FS9 directory, but nothing was>added to my cfg. I will reinstall and report back later.>Thanks for the help.Look towards the end of the .cfg. New entries show always up at the end as opposed to the scenery library in the simulator itself where new sceneries show up first on the list.

Guest MikeMiraglia

I just re-installed Tileproxy, and it still did not add the scenery to my cfg file. Any ideas? Could I do this manually?

Yes you can do this manually. I am at a loss however why the installer didn't do it automatically.

Guest MikeMiraglia

In that case I will get to work on it now. Hopefully tonight I will be able to post a thank you screenshot.

Guest cbuchner1

occasionally, FS9 installations miss a registry key. In this case the installer will silently fail. It's the "Exe Path" key for FS9.Christian

Guest Challenger604

My problem was that tileproxy installed into the wrong directory and I had missed it at startup. Really if done properly this software works perfectly.Double check the installation path at setup.

Guest MikeMiraglia

And what should the directory be?

Guest MikeMiraglia

Never mind, I got it all figured out. TileProxy is working great now. The only thing I don't like is using virtual earth, I will try google later. Thanks for all the help.

Guest hma

Hello Mike,You can use a site like www.flashearth.com to compare the resolution andavailability of satellite pictures by the different providers.Happy flying,Hugo

Guest cbuchner1

that's my favouritesGoogle for SwitzerlandV.E. for Germany, ItalyYahoo! for USA

Guest cbuchner1

Oh well, I guess the only ones having really good satellite coverage in this area would be Chinese, Pakistani or Indian intelligence services. And maybe the United States as well.What was the altitude on your screenshot?