Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot533

***.***

Guest Pilot533

Does anyone know how to set up an a*k.com config file for use?

Guest cbuchner1

Depends on the format of the URLs that ask.com uses.Anyone willing to run this through a proxy server to see the exact URL names?

Hi Christian,Flashearth shows "mapcache*.ask.com" I had download links to mapchache3 and mapcache4.Greetings,Hugo

Guest cbuchner1

that is about how far I got as well ;)the status bar of the browser also tells you that.Maybe disabling JavaScript in the browser works (after having downloaded some map) and then a right click on the tiles may reveal their properties (URL, etc).

Hi Christian,Are settings on this forum changed because it doesn't accept new topics, at least mine, anymore?Here is my "contribution".Do you have also strange patterns in tiles?I had them too until I realized that they were the flats of the standard scenery roads and rail roads. Therefore I removed every "offset=flat" from the terrain.cfg in FS9 by commenting them out with two slashes. At the same time I did set the offsets of the "streams" to zero instead of -10, and FS looks better as before. BTW my settings in the proxuser.ini are:min_level=9max_level=15level_mapping=11,12,14,14,14,15,15 Happy flying,Hugo

Guest cbuchner1

If you had hit the browser's "Reload" button, you would have seen the topic. ;)

Guest cbuchner1

For me this link says something alike "tile is unavailable at the given zoom level".This could be a referer check or some kind auf required authenticationthat is going on here.

Guest nyflyer

hmm you're right. I tried this link from another IP and it doesn't work. I removed the "tc=" and it seems to have showed up.http://mapcache3.ask.com/sat/2/-29989/-11304?partner=5446346if that doesn't work, try using the partner id, or other syntax changes from the other tile website. Another thing, the zoom level in that tile isn't the highest resolution available. I tried to access the jpeg when disabling java, but it didn't quite work (well it worked once!). I'll have to try again.hope this helps!Moses

Guest cbuchner1

I don't think the current Tileproxy release can deliver X and Y coordinates in that particular numeric range (negative numbers and such).

Guest nyflyer

Oh Man, thats a shame. Will you be planning on including this type of map service in future releases of Tile Proxy?Moses

Guest cbuchner1

well considering Beta 5 added a new service, why shouldn't Beta 6 do the same ;)

Guest nyflyer

Hehehe, Thanks :-)!Moses