Sign in to follow this  
Guest andrew222

Tile Proxy just feeding FSX zoomed out images of North America

Guest andrew222

Hi,Struggling with this one.I previously used Tile proxy with FSX about 4 months ago but got a little fed up with being kicked out by Google. Fantastic while it worked though and spent hours looking around.I've now come back and installed TP V5, using the ProxyUser.INI that is available for download on someones website. (Got the link from one of the posts in this group) I just ammended the names so I could switch to different servers while flying as that part hadn't been changed.No matter which server I use for downloading the tiles, or where ever I am, everything is replaced with green, even the sea and the only thing that shows up is the airport area I just took off from. Then I just start to get random tiles loading around the plane that just show the entire view of North America (As seen from space!)Very strange.I have SP1 installed with FSX on a separate partition and have ticked the box during the TP instal saying that I have SP1. I've also tired reinistalling TP several times and on one occasion got rid of SP1 to see if that made a difference. No Luck.Any advice would be greatThanksAndrew

Guest cbuchner1

Have you chosen a custom install location? The one that was originally suggested by the installer is the best place to put it. Any other drive might require some manual editing of config files to get it working.

Guest andrew222

Thanks for the reply Christian,I totally missed that one! FSX and Tile Proxy is in fact intsalled on a new hard drive, totally separate from the operating system. During the install though there didn't seem to be any problems with the path that TP chose and the folders seem to be added where they should be on the new drive.I will keep at it and see if I can get it working. Looks to be the 'manual editing of config files' as you mentioned option. Is it one of those in the FSX folder?All the best Andrew

Guest cbuchner1

Hmm, if both FSX and Tileproxy are installed on the new drive, then I would not expect any problems.

Is colorizer turned on in INI?Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest cbuchner1

Can you post a screenshot of the DOS box just after starting Tileproxy -before FSX starts loading tiles... Maybe I can see something that doesn't look right.

Guest andrew222

Hello again,I was looking over it all again last night and couldn't seem to find the problem. No sign of 'colorizer' either.Here's the screen shot after I've loaded the filter driver.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175479.gifThanks againAndrew

Guest cbuchner1

It's the WebDavRedirector attachment on drive G: that's killing you... It prevents Tileproxy from correctly mapping the kernel filepath to a drive letter. I don't think there's anything you can do (except maybe for uninstalling anything on your machine related to the WebDAV protocol)I may post an update tileproxy binary soon that will fix this issue.I am not sure why WebDAV is active on this machine but there are ways to turn it off:How to disable WebDAV in WindowsXPOpen Regeditsearch for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesMRxDAV"change "Start" to 0 (that's zero) -> then reboot.How to Disable WebDAV for IIS 5.0http://support.microsoft.com/directory/art...;EN-US;Q241520&

Guest andrew222

This WebDavRedirector is a bit of a stubborn mofo!I tried to get rid of it using the regedit method you mentioned. Rebooted and then started the filter driver and proxy user. WebDavRedirector was still in the dos screen :-(I then looked and found the two files mrxdav.sys and mrxsmb.sys located in C:WINDOWSsystem32driversThey sounded relevant so dragged them out and put them on the desktop. rebooted. The 'drivers' folder had another set in them when I checked and WebDavRedirector was still in the dos screen :-(Will continue to look on the web and see which of my installed programs are related to this WebDAV protocol. If no luck, I'll keep an eye out for any update you have. Thanks for helpingAndrew

Guest cbuchner1

I am attaching a new version of proxyUser.exe and tileproxy.sys (for 32 bit Windows only). This build is for FSX SP1 only, it won't work with FSX RTM (the DVD version).It fixes the WebDav Redirector issue (I hope) for you. Just unzip and copy everything into the Tileproxy program folder. A reboot may be required after installing tileproxy.sysThis version is more efficient because I have some experimental new features inside. Most notably a new format for efficient "flat" storage of very small texture filesChristianhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175512.ziphttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175514.zip

Guest andrew222

Wow! Thanks for the quick update Christian. When I mentioned looking out for your next update, I was thinking more in terms of weeks.... not the next day!I replaced the files as mentioned and then rebooted. No WebDavRedirector in sight. Not sure what it does anyway but pleased to see the back of it.Tiles now load perfect once I changed the radius to large and turned up the graphics settings. I actually got the extra hard drive just for FSX and Tile Proxy as I read sometime back that you were going to make a version of TP that would create a bgl file of a chosen flying area. The use of the offline mode in this version 5 and the ability to switch servers to collect tiles is good enough for me.Thanks again and perhaps have a think about setting up a webpage with a 'Donate' button to help you along with your work. I'm sure you've got a whole lot more people interested in Flight Simulators again and hours of enjoyment :-)All the bestAndrewOntario, Canada

Guest cbuchner1

It is a coincidence that I had just had a version handy that appears to be "stable" enough for testing.The next official release may still be 4-6 weeks away.Note that this version breaks compatibility with the "FS9 photo scenery standard". Without running Tileproxy in the background, FSX/FS9 can not make use of the 256kb sized ".FLAT" files that are generated. Only through the new tileproxy.sys driver, the flight sim can actually "see tiles". The advantage is that you get only a a few thousand files where previously there were 20000 files and more. Previously Exporer would take minutes just to show the TEXTURE folder, now it's much quicker.I think it's other freeware authors who wanted to do the photoscenery to BGL conversion. I know about two such projects going on. One is in C# and currently discussed on www.fspassengers.comChristian