Sign in to follow this  
Guest koorby

Copying TP caches from one PC to another - getting no images

Guest koorby

Hi Christian,Firstly, let me say that what you've created is simply astounding, remarkable, and certainly seems to be the future of FS!! I hope some company will see the potential of your project and provide you with funding to really make it a defacto standard, with the proper licensing for great data sources worldwide.I have a quick question which I hope you or someone else on this forum can help me with....AIM: I want to copy all my downloaded imagery held in TP cache from one PC to another, thus avoiding a lengthy re-download of the files I already have. All my cached files are using cache.service2PROCESS: I copied all the cache files I thought were needed from the original PC onto an external HD, and then did a fresh install of TP onto the destination PC.I then copied my backed-up files from the external HD (about 1.5GB of files) and replaced the following:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesTileProxy Photoreal World*.*C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator XTileProxycache.service2*.*C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator XTileProxyProxyUser.iniI then set the ProxyUser.ini file to be in offline mode and tried loading up a flight in an area which I know the original PC has photoreal ground textures loaded by TP.I start both TP and FSX, load the flight, and the loading screen hangs at 33%In the TP DOS monitor window I get the message:"proxyuser: No tile metadata found or metadata corrupted (unsupported version?)"My question: Did I miss anything in my attempt to copy my caches from one PC to another? What is the metadata that TP is referring to? I am thinking there's another set of files which need to be copied across, but I can't locate anything specific to TP, unless you write to the Windows Registry?Hope you can clear up the mystery, and once again, congratulations on what has to be one of the most fantastic FS developments in years!JohnMelbourne Australia

Guest cbuchner1

I suppose you used the Beta 5 version on the new PC but the tiles were created with an earlier version?Metadata in the tiles hold information from which provider a tile was obtained. If it does not match up with you current provider source, the tile will be created again.

Guest koorby

>>I suppose you used the Beta 5 version on the new PC but the>tiles were created with an earlier version?>>Metadata in the tiles hold information from which provider a>tile was obtained. If it does not match up with you current>provider source, the tile will be created again.>No, I only downloaded Beta 5 two days ago, and the same installer was used on both PCs, with identical proxyuser.ini files on both machines.If it is trying to match to the provider source, should I first run the 2nd PC in online mode then? Sort of strange, because the original PC runs fine in offline mode.

Guest cbuchner1

Make sure Tileproxy was definitely not running (and neither was the filter driver) while you copied the tiles off the drive. Since my software is messing with the file system, it may have screwed up your copy operation.The provider source is taken from the INI file. So the names in there must match up.