Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bergen

Bug: installation on different partition

Guest Bergen

I thought that it might be a nice idea to put TP with its thousands of files on a seperate partition. So I uninstalled TP, deleted my cache (there wasn't much in it), created a fresh partition and installed TP on it. Edited the config file as usual, started the driver and off we go!At startup of FSX, I got this error:http://www2.gerbs.net/images/avsim.net/200...erycfgerror.png(lots of these errors actually, had to hold down Enter for a while to get rid of them)But the directory is really there, it's a clean install after all. It looks like it is looking for the 'TileProxy Photoreal World' directory on the FSX-partition instead of the TP-partition. So I moved the whole TileProxy Photoreal World directory to the FSX-partition and indeed, then it works fine.The error says that there's a "SCENERY.CFG file error" so I had a look at it. In scenery.cfg, it's filled with lines like:Local=..TileProxy Photoreal World(...)I changed all the lines to...Local=T:TileProxy Photoreal World(...)...and I moved the Photoreal-directory back to my TP-partition. Unloaded the filter driver, loaded it again and gave it a try. Unfortunately, it didn't help. So there must be another file with paths pointing at "..TileProxy etc etc"! I looked for files with that path inside them and found all these files:T:TileProxy Photoreal Worldx0000SCENERY.datBut there are 83 of those SCENERY.dat files with multiple references to the .. path. Besides, they are binary files so I'm not going to edit them one by one. ;) But I guess that's where the problem lies in.Could this be fixed? :)-addition-Oh it doesn't work even when I put the Photoreal directory on my FSX-partition. It doesn't show any errors, but it still uses the original textures. The TP driver seems to load succesfully, but it doesn't do anything. So it looks like TP *needs* to be on the same partiton as FSX!

Guest cbuchner1

a well known bug (lazyness on my part). Should be fixed in Beta 6.

Guest Dragonlick

I, too, would also love to be able to have the cache on one drive (the FSX drive) and the photo-scenery on another (physical) drive...Rob