Sign in to follow this  
maxymaxy

How do you get Level Mapping to workin FS9.1 & Beta 5?

Hi, everything is going along well with FS9.1 and TPbeta5...good frame rates and stability with Y* maps. I would like to try getting higher res tiles into FS9. I have tried entering the level mapping line - min_level=9max_level=14level_mapping=9,10,11,12,13,14color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=50with max_lod=14...but I am getting water tiles immediately around my plane, the rest of the tiles are fine. If I go to top view and zoom right out the water is replaced by the correct tiles but zooming in again causes them to return.I know that my level_mapping line isn't actually zooming but I thought I would try getting a base first before experimenting. Any ideas?

I have fixed it :)lod_distance=2000max_lod=13min_level=9max_level=15level_mapping=11,12,14,14,14,14,15Works really well for Y* maps. Getting 90FPS @3840x1024 CPU0 is sitting on 50%

Guest cbuchner1

> Getting 90FPS @3840x1024ENVY.Okay, post some screenies. A full res image on flickr would be nice.Like... really nice.Christian

Hi Christian,I will try and send a video to youtube. I have just created an account. I am having trouble taking a screen shot because the triplehead2go is on the second head of the 8800 and PrtScn takes a snap of the other head. If you know how to get a screen shot of the second head I will take one a post it.The videos are from YMMB Melbourne International towards the city in a Bell @ 100 knots @ 4000'. The second video is from Cooma airport NSW and over the highest peak in Aus - Mt Kosciusko Australia (nearly 8000' high). The Baron is flying at 12000'.I will post back when I have got it up to youtube.

Guest rbrown3rd

Hey guys. Would you please explain what this does for FS9? I thought we could use the same config file for both FSX and FS9 and the software would choose the appropriate LOD limit. I notice that when I connect with FS9 TP detects it and says something like "limiting tile size to 256 x 256." The exact wording may be different. Thanks. I am just trying to keep up with you guys.

Hi,You might want to try level mapping as Christian describes in his documentation. From my very limited understanding, level mapping tricks FS9 into loading a higher res file than 4.7m i.e. a 2m file. This will be more taxing on the file system to load but you should get sharper images. Experiment to find what your system can cope with. I have also increased the distance that higher res files are loaded around my plane by doubling the LOD_distance to 2000 (default is 1000). It has made a big difference for me with a high res because the two LCDs either side of the centre LCD aren't as blurry as before. With a triplehead2go and a C2D 6400 @3GHz 3840x1024 I can still manage around 90FPS @ 200+ knots. That is with skai traffic at 100% but no weather. FSX with res on 4.7m crawls along with blurries.I have taken some video with my Canon camera (FRAPS doesn't work at this res) but I have been a bit busy with work to edit/convert it for youtube. I hope to post it in the next few days.

Guest rbrown3rd

Thanks. I will give that a try. Sounds pretty neat. I guess I will have to break down and read the documentation again.