Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Better than tileproxy

San Juan de Pasto in Columbia. *heads off to check the rendering in FS*

Guest mjtibbs

not the quite the approach I had expected in FSX.terrain complexity = 66%terrain resolution =10mthe runway headings are different in FSX too for some reason (01/19) but the vid clip had 02/200.I thought there'd be at least the deep valleys similar to the vid.not my best approach but it made the landing even better ;)1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG7.JPG

Guest Challenger604

Where is one done in Tile Proxy

Guest mjtibbs

sorry forgot to say, that is just standard FSX.I wanted to checked the terrain before trying in tile proxy but I think i'll give it a miss as the terrain doesnt seem to be like real world :/dont have time or HD space to d/l addon mesh right now.then agian maybe its my sliders causing lack of terrain but they seem high enough surely.

You can forget doing it with tileproxy. I checked the area with Flashearth and the resolution is not good enough.

Guest cbuchner1

And you'd need a high res mesh for South America for best effect.

Guest cbuchner1
Guest mjtibbs

Thanks for the heads up on the FS Global 2008 mesh scenery Christian.I just recieved my copy of FS Global 2008 X Scenery (for FSX).THIS is what I was expecting... looks very similar to that in real life mesh-wise.just a shame theres not better tile coverage of the area.

Guest Challenger604

The mesh is good but the blurry textures are horrible.... Is that because tileproxy does not recognize this area?

Guest mjtibbs

its just a matter of the lack of detailed photo scenery coverage for that area of the world.the photo coverage detail varies though from different providers for the same areas.

Guest cbuchner1

The area is probably not currently considered "important" enough for a decent coverage in the major map providers.