Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

"Cross" of high detail not following aircraft

Guest cbuchner1

Wow, these screenshots look awesome - and the TPS numbers are dazzling. 800 (peak) during flight!

I wonder what would happen if you reverted to RTM on your main rig, or updated to SP1 on your secondary test rig..Maybe, with SP1, 100-200 tiles is normal for mutli-CPU systems, and 20-30 for single-core, where as with RTM, single-core provides at least twice the performance?If it's of interest, I attached my RTM fsx.cfg filePosted some shots: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=262129&page=

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest nakke

I observed the same thing with my semi-old system too (AMD64 3800+, 2GB DDR, 7900GT)! TPS in RTM during flight peak at 1000 at times, normally 500-600 when loading many tiles, whereas in SP1 it was about 20-50 TPS. Oddly enough, I don't notice any horrible blurries in SP1 without tileproxy enabled, even with photoscenery.

SP1 definitely does something funny to the scenery engine on some people's systems. The effect seems to range from almost no change to much worse texture loading performance.I don't get horrible blurries with SP1 and default scenery or even locally stored photoscenery, but its definitely worse than RTM. Ironically, SP1 and default scenery is almost worse than FSX RTM and TileProxy...

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP