Sign in to follow this  
Guest PauloCruz

G****e lowered the number of files before adding IP to ...

Guest PauloCruz

Does anyone know if G****e lowered the number of files we can download with TP before adding the IP to the blacklist ? Since last night I can only download about 300 files before I start receiving the usual message.I reset my modem to obtain a new IP, but after downloading more 300 files or less, the new IP's are blocked, too.Before last night I rarely got blocked and I used to download thousands of files at each time.

Guest cbuchner1

It could be that they lowered their thresholds for detecting "robots" and "viruses" a bit.I would go down to a really low conn= setting, e.g. 4 and the bulk_extend value should also be set much lower, e.g. 10 or 20

Guest PauloCruz

Christian, thanks for you settings.They work fine for the first 30 minutes, but after that, the IP's my provider assigned to me, were blocked after a few downloads. At this time I believe that G****e put the range of IP's my provider usually gives me in the black list.Can you tell me the minimum values you advise to use for "conn" and "bulk_extend" ?My settings are conn=4 and bulk_extended=10About TileProxy, what can I say, it is what I always wondered for FS.Excelent work. Keep going.

Guest Challenger604

I don't use stupid google anymore. I get blacklisted after 1 minute.

Guest cbuchner1

I might have to give TP access to Internet Explorer's cookie cache. On the first 302 redirect I could open an IE window to let you enter the kaptcha.

Guest dongdongliushui

G****e is practically useless for me too. What does conn and bulk_extended mean?

I also had serious problems with GE recently. I don't care much for that service any more.I find VE gives me the best performance, and they seem to have extended the coverage of color photography recently. The area around 39P used to be B&W for example, but recently they added a large chunk of colour photography. This seems to be true elsewhere as well, most of WA, OR and CA are fully coloured now, with only a few chunks of BW photography.When there are a lot of b&w tiles, I tend to swtich to the service that was introduced in Beta5. They seem to use colourized b&w tiles, meaning that I don't have to use the "on the fly" colourization of TP, which tends to cause some stutters with my single-core CPU. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have the same large-area coverage of full colouried tiles, making those areas not as detailed as VE.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest cbuchner1

I may have a solution ready soon.A window with embedded web browser will pop up once every 20 minutes or so, you enter the captcha and everything will be humming along nicely until the next nag screen.Still much better than no data at all.

Guest dongdongliushui

Excuse me for blunt ignorance, but what is captcha?

Guest cbuchner1

Wikipedia will tell you

Guest Rob_man

Would really appreciate if you did Christian.For Eastern Australia GE has best coverage once you get outside metro areas.Haven't much flying time recently. About to get in and give TP Beta 6 a go.Rob

Guest cbuchner1

The latest preview version on sourceforge has it!This goes into the service specific section of ProxyUser.INIfor the particular service to enable captchas withcaptcha_module=captchaformcaptcha_config="cookieurl=nameofprovider.com|cookieurl=http://www.nameofprovider.com"replace the obvious ;)Christian

Guest Rob_man

I haven't been able to get this to work Christian. Can see redirect errors and TP triggering the capthca module - bit Internet Explorer doesn't open. Suspect syntax problem - under GE part of my config file have:captcha_module=captchaformcaptcha_config="cookieurl=kh3.g####e.com|cookieurl=http://kh3.g####e.com.com"Seems funny to have cookieurl before and after the pipe character?Rob

Guest PauloCruz

RobYou're right. The correct syntax should be:captcha_config="cookiedomain=g####e.com|cookieurl=http://www.g####e.com"But the IE window only opens once. The second time doesn't open. Chris already noticed this bug and I hope he will correct it in next release.Paulo

Guest Rob_man

Many thanks Paulo.Managed to get going but only for first prompt as you said.GE has definitely got stingier. 2-3 months ago could fly for hrs, but as already described only getting minutes now before blacklisting (20-30).Would still persevere with GE for Aust if Christian finds time to catch follow-up prompts though for better coverage.Regards,Rob