Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Tileproxy Beta 6 Prerelease out

Guest cbuchner1

Some virus scanner accessing the tiles, I guess.

Guest bonaparty

>>Some virus scanner accessing the tiles, I guess. >Hm, having the same problem (Vista 32 home) and NO virus scanner running. Also disabled the SuperFetch service (and ReadyBoost)."Water Blending" is still going on at a very slow pace (TileProxy is running for almost 40 minutes now with FSX stuck @ 40%)Gonna try VE now instead of GE.Thanks in advance,BP

Guest cbuchner1

Hmm... works for me on Vista - although some other graphical glitches pop up that are caused by a different behavior of the Vista kernel when caching files.Christian

Guest cbuchner1

Would be nice to know at which longitude or latitude you found that grey band.

Guest pcastro

>>Some virus scanner accessing the tiles, I guess. >I have double checked that I stopped my NOD32 antivirus service. I stopped it with the services manager and double checked in the task windows that it is not running. I also quitted the superfetch service.After 4 hours I reached 48%.. and counting, everything is going really slow, as bonaparty already mentioned waterblending is running really slow compared to pre-44% running speed.All this slowlyness starts alongside the tileproxy.sys: PreCreate: Unsolicited access to 'Archivos de ProgramaMicrosoft GamesTileProxy Photoreal World0305TEXTURE021310102310330SP.BMP' folder by ''!error code.I have checked the TileProxy Photoreal World0305TEXTURE and everything runs OK during the .FLAT creation and the errors starts with the .BMP creation.Any ideas will be appreciated.Pablo

Guest cbuchner1

I have a check in the tileproxy.sys driver. Every access by an application other than "ProxyUser.exe" to anyy BMP file inside Tileproxy Photoreal World is reported as an unsolicited access. For example Vista's Super Fetch or virus Scanners can would try to access those files.Normally Tileproxy would report which application has performed the access. e.g. 'svchost32.exe' if it is the SuperFetch service. What I find puzzling is that the programm that accesses the BMP files does not have a process name associated with it. Hmm... Troubling!Kind of stealthy. Maybe there's just some non-ASCII (i.e. unicode) character in the program's path name. Tileproxy cannot deal with unicode yet.Christian

Guest Dragonlick

Not sure if this helps, but as I seem to recall, I had these same banding problems back in version 4. TP5 resolved them and then they resurfaced in 6. A scenery refresh and resetting TP seems to straighten things out.

Guest pcastro

>>Kind of stealthy. Maybe there's just some non-ASCII (i.e.>unicode) character in the program's path name. Tileproxy>cannot deal with unicode yet.>>Christian>Thanks Christian,I was suspecting the same thing, I use a spanish version of WinXP... so there are unicode characters in some directory names. There are a few of them, so I

Guest cbuchner1

> Keep up the good work!!I just bought a Q6600 Quad Core chip... this should enable me to test Tileproxy on a 64 bit OS (going for an XP Professional 120 day evaluation version first) and to optimize it for multithreaded operation with FSX SP1.Also I upgraded to the latest libcurl release 7.17.0. I expect this version to be more stable and to crash less often during download sessions. Most of the time when Tileproxy was crashing, this occured inside the libcurl.dll I just experienced graphics corruption when the cache flush started to kick in. This seems to confirm observations made by some users. As a temporary workaround I suggest setting the cache limit related parameters in the INI file to 0. This disables the flush algorithm.I hope to post another prerelease version sometime soon with more bugs fixed.Christian

Guest wstcoaster07

Would someone mind commenting on my configuration here. I am getting blurry tiles and not the high res ones.[VE]cache_folder=d:TileProxycache.service1network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=14|rate=3.0|verbose=0|server=http://"VE settings"|path=/tiles/a%s.jpeg?g=52|quad=0123|balance=0123|useragent=Moz illa/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"max_lod=15min_level=9max_level=17color_hack=Yescolor_level=13bulk_extend=25My system setup is a E6600 Core 2 OC @ 3.2GHz with 2GB RAM and a Radeon X1900XTX.Sometimes it also uses grey satalite images rather than colored ones. Any ideas? Thanks ahead of time.cache_tiles_limit=0cache_bytes_limit=200000000max_lod=15lod_distance=1000

Guest cbuchner1

Global Texture Resolution in Flight Simulator needs to be set to Maximumand the "Texture Resolution" slider allows for 1m textures.Verify using a web browser session that VE has high res data around the airport you choose to start from.I just noticed that a cache_tiles_limit of 0 does not disable the cache flush, as originally intended. So the right thing to do is to allow for a huge number of tiles, say 500000 (five hundred thousand). cache_bytes_limit should also be set very high, I currently use one or two billion bytes (1000000000).

Guest wstcoaster07

thanks. will try changing those cache settings. Had resolution set to 1m already though. When i started using tileProxy the other day the first area i flew loaded high res data perfectly but then when i flew south the scenery remained blurry even after landing and waiting for it to load.I also just added this line btw: level_mapping=10,11,13,13,14,14,15,16,17Is there a better service than VE? I tried goog but got blocked

Guest wstcoaster07

Yea i think VE may be the issue too with the res. Seems on the website it only has black and white high res images (any reason why they dont load anyway). None the less. Would someone mind giving me the settings for Yahoo's satellite images? Thanks in advance