Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Tileproxy Beta 6 Prerelease out

Guest wstcoaster07

Ok final update, promise:)So i found the yahoo settings and checked out my area on their website (they do have correct high res images). I plugged in the settings and still get blurred images (diff from when i used VE, but still no where near as sharp as I see on their online maps. How do i determine their most updated version (or is that not even the issue here? I also uninstalled and reinstalled tileproxy. Here are my current settings:[Y***** *aps]cache_folder=d:TileProxycache.service3network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=1|server=http://us.maps3.*****.com|path=/aerial.maps.yimg.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=1.7&t=a|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=9max_level=17level_mapping=9,11,11,14,14,14,16,17,17color_hack=Nocolor_level=13bulk_extend=50cache_tiles_limit=500000cache_bytes_limit=2000000000lod_distance=500 (lowered LOD dist to try to speed up loading for testing)Another weird thing too... while fsx flight is loading i am getting a high access tile rate (3-7 hundred) but once my map flight is loaded, suddenly I am down to 0-6 (NOT hundreds) when i am just sitting on the ground.Thanks for any help.

Guest carlp101

Hi All,Just thought it may help you fellow simmers in the UK if I gave you my working settings.[service Example 1]cache_folder=cache.service1network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=1|server=http://kh*.g****e.co.uk|path=/kh?n=404&v=20&t=t%s|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)"#captcha_module=captchaform#captcha_config="cookiedomain=figurethisoutyourself|cookieurl=http://www.figurethisoutyourself"min_level=9max_level=17map_version=52level_mapping=9,10,11,14,14,14,15,16,17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=25ThanksCarl

Guest cbuchner1

That 2nd preview had two significant problems: * 64 bit OS detection wasn't working. The problem was that any 32 bit application (like the TileProxy installer) is executed in some kind of 32 bit emulaiton environment layer that fakes that the CPU is a x86 compatible chip. Thus the installer thought it was running on a 32 bit machine ;-)* The flushing of tiles from RAM due to the cache_tiles_limit and cache_bytes_limit was happening in a "broken" manner, often leading to graphics corruption and even worse crashes.Both issues have been found and fixed. I hope to publish a third preview within a week.

Guest wstcoaster07

>>That 2nd preview had two significant problems: >>* 64 bit OS detection wasn't working. The problem was that any>32 bit application (like the TileProxy installer) is executed>in some kind of 32 bit emulaiton environment layer that fakes>that the CPU is a x86 compatible chip. Thus the installer>thought it was running on a 32 bit machine ;-)>>* The flushing of tiles from RAM due to the cache_tiles_limit>and cache_bytes_limit was happening in a "broken" manner,>often leading to graphics corruption and even worse crashes.>>Both issues have been found and fixed. I hope to publish a>third preview within a week.>>Graphics corruption.... as in blurry tiles not loading high res ones?

Guest wstcoaster07

Just thought I would post an update....I uninstalled beta 6 and installed beta 5 - now high res is loading great. Only issue I have is as I fly the textures aren't snapping in to high res as quickly as I would like in order to fly VFR rules. Yes, I am flying a high speed (190) so I guess I am just being greedy :) using this software to train on course rules for departure and arrivals into the area is a HUGE help. Thanks big time.If I set a GPS flight plan all around the area I fly and just let it run for a few hours with a plane going only 80kias, can I then fly the area offline and will that result in better loads when flying at 190kias?*my usual flight altitude is between 0 1300 and 4500 MSL in the Pensacola, FL area.running FSX SP1 w/ e6700 OC @ 3.0 GHz w/X1900XTX 512MB graphics card and 2GB of DDR2666. Max LOD dist set in FSX and lod of 500 set in ProxyUser.conf

Guest Challenger604

So I have not installed this version, but I wonder does it look like this new version will be an actual beta 6 soon? or am I misunderstanding that this is the beta 6 release and the next will be beta 7?Everything worked fine for me with the last version except it would be nice to have the water and somehow have a faster tile loading situation.

Guest cbuchner1

There will be a final beta 6 soon.And for the Beta 7 to follow I should really aim for a decent user interface.

Guest Rob_man

I've found my older rig doesn't seem to load any new hi-res tiles while I'm flying around on TP Beta 6. Going back to Beta 5 is fine and much more enjoyable. Rare for me to want to land the sea-plane anyway. Be interesting to see how FSX SP2 pans out. Not particularly worried as long as have something that works now with TP.RobAMD 4000+ 2Gb ram, FSX RTM, 6800GT graphics card

Guest jojolino

Hello Christian!What about the ' Unsolicited access to .... "" ' Problem? I've this Problem too at my XP SP2 PC. The Path to FSX is E:Microsoft Flight Simulator X and in this one there is the tileproxy installed. The 'tileproxy photoreal world' is directly under e:. So I think there are no unicode Problems. FSX loads only 30% and stopped at this point.I've killed all services and prozesses but the problem still exist.My english is horrible... in with german forum can I contact you savely?greetingsJ