Sign in to follow this  
dnunes

FS 2K2 Flight Planner

I was planning a flight from Lajes, Azores (LPLA) to Lisbon (LPPT), using FS2K2 Flight Planner. To my surprise the Flight Planner output was proposing me a long way, going West, almost making a full world tour, instead of a simple 900 mile trip! Does anyone know how to make the Flight Planner to behave reasonably?Regards,

Yes.In option 4 choose routing, select direct-GPS.Regards,Cees

Thanks for the suggestion. However I do not like to use GPS for navigation, as it is too simple, whereas my greatest motivation in simming is exactly the navigation.I would expect the Flight Planner to always choose the shortest route, but it does not seem to do so. I tried the reverse route, i.e. from LPPT to LPLA and the result was a route through Europe, up to the North, then across to the US, then South and finally towards the Azores!Regards,

Hi there,the autogenerated routes more often than not take you on a wild goose chase (I think most routes from Europe to North America go across the Mediterranean, according to FS...)The solution is to generate the flightplan using the 'Direct GPS' option, and then edit it by dragging the red line over your desired waypoints. That should result in a more sensible route.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions! I will try both the GPS initiated route and FSBuild (where can I find it?).Regards,