Sign in to follow this  
Guest wstcoaster07

pixelated scenery w/ FSX and Beta6

Guest wstcoaster07

moved this out of another thread to its own, sorry but couldnt figure out how to delete my old one....So i found the yahoo settings and checked out my area on their website (they do have correct high res images). I plugged in the settings and still get blurred/pizelated images (diff from when i used VE, but still no where near as sharp as I see on their online maps. How do i determine their most updated version (or is that not even the issue here? I also uninstalled and reinstalled tileproxy. Here are my current settings:cache_folder=d:TileProxycache.service3network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=1|server=http://us.maps3.*****.com|path=/aerial.maps.****.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=1.7&t=a|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=9max_level=17level_mapping=9,11,11,14,14,14,16,17,17color_hack=Nocolor_level=13bulk_extend=50cache_tiles_limit=500000cache_bytes_limit=2000000000lod_distance=500(lowered LOD dist to try to speed up loading for testing)Another weird thing too... while fsx flight is loading I am getting a high access tile rate (3-7 hundred) but once my map flight is loaded, suddenly I am down to 0-6 (NOT hundreds) when i am just sitting on the ground or paused in the air.Thanks for any help.

Guest cbuchner1

You could try deleting fsx.cfg in your user profile's folder.It's inside Application DataMicrosoftFSX (which is a hiddenfolder, you have to set Explorer's folder options to showhidden and system files).FSX then rebuilds a clean fsx.cfg file - and hopefully then it will access textures faster during flight.Christian

Guest cbuchner1

i just got an extremely pixellated terrain also.That was because I had accidentially enabled the "offline_mode" switch and the terrain I intended to fly on has never been cached at a reasonable resolution.