Sign in to follow this  
Guest sstobbe

I have blurries AND high TPS

Guest sstobbe

You folks probably have an easy fix for this.I have set FPS lock to 20, and Fiberframes to 2.0. The Tileproxy DOS window shows about 80 percent 1000+ TPS, 10 percent 500-1000, and about 10 percent lower than 500.However, the ground textures (and terrain btw) "snap" into high resolution, progressively closer to me until they don't snap at all. I am flying the RealAir Scout (third party) at about 90kts.My computer specs are E6850 C2D at 3.0Ghz, EVGA 8800 GTS 640Mb with settings at FSX recommended, 2G ballistix RAM, 10000rpm WD raptor HDD with FSX/TP on it (and a second partition with WinXP paging file), 7500rpm WD Caviar HDD with everything else on it. I am running FSX/SP1 and TP Beta5, with Christian's recommended fsx.cfg settings and recently deleted/rebuilt fsx.cfg.Appreciate the help.

Guest cbuchner1

Hey, I just got myself a quad core chip. I get 1000, sometimes 1200 tiles per second during initial load now and sometimes about 400-600 tiles per second loaded during flight. And guess what. The blurries didn't go away.I only get crisp scenery right after a "refresh scenery" action. Boy am I disappointed.I think it's going back to pre-SP1 now for me. Whatever they did to the photoscenery loader for the SP1 patch - it was bad. They're just not loading the right spots in time - i.e too much emphasis on loading terrain far away instead of keeping the terrain around the aircraft crisp.

Guest sstobbe

Yeah, I think I'll be RTM'd soon too. FPS should still be fine on my machine with no autogen. TP is (slightly) higher in the pecking order than ASX. Glad I didn't get the quad, was seriously considering it specifically for your program. I may even try FS9/TP, but then I'd have to give up my Scout! (?)

Guest Challenger604

Yep I dumped SP-1 in favor of crisp textures with Tileproxy

Guest Pilot533

Does changing LOD_RADIUS to something like 8.5 instead of 4.5 help? That directly relates to how far away the textures are being loaded from the aircraft.

Guest sstobbe

Thanks Mike,Ok, tried setting to 8.5 and 9.0, but problem got worse- textures loaded at adequate resolution out a ways, but never snapped to high resolution once they got closer.I have since uninstalled SP1, and now textures are loading almost seamlessly. I have a new build computer, and am getting about 30fps on FSX RTM/TP, with high scenery density at airports, medium ground/aircraft traffic and high weather settings. I don't think SP1 is needed for frame rates if you are using TileProxy, as autogen is turned off, and that is what lowers frame rates the most.I was still having problems with TP textures once I went to RTM, but Bramski' fsx config file (link to it available in this forum) solved the problems quite well. The only parts of it I modified on my system was setting in-game Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic filtering; and upping the display resolution to maximum.Steve StobbeAsus P5K Deluxe MBIntel C2D E6850, 3.0GhzEVGA 8800 GTS/ 640MbBallistix 2x 1Gb RAMWD 7500RPM HD with Windows XP SP2, other programsWD 10000RPM HD with FSX and addons

Guest Dragonlick

Steve, wish I had given Christian what I spent on ASX pkg as well.Rob