Sign in to follow this  
Guest cvj1

First success - then problems...

Guest cvj1

I finally got G***** E**** to work - set FS9 for Samedan airport in the Swiss Alps where GE has the most detailed 3D terrain - and initially I enjoyed flying in a very realistic and very sharp landscape...However, after about 20 minutes I started getting error messages from the GE server, viz.netfile: Transfer #XX resulted in redirect, retrying (1)netfile: Transfer #XX problem - giving up!netfile: was 28 a timeout was reached for transfer #XX http://kh1.g****.com), cleaning upThis resulted in the detailed view around the aircraft gradually being replaced with black rectangles.I am wondering why the "good" data in the cache file is being replaced by garbage? Is there any way after downloading "good" data in the cache to simply keep using that and stop the bad transfers from "flushing" the cache? My cache setting are:cache_bytes_limit=250000000cache_tiles_limit=150000and I am nowhere close to those limits after downloading 20 minutes of "good" data from GE.Christian? Anyone?

Guest cbuchner1

Try adding this to the configuration of your G..... service ;-)captchamodule=captchaformcaptcha_config="cookiedomain=google.com|cookieurl=http://www.google.com"This might allow you to enter a captcha to continue flying. Tileproxy Beta 6 preview required though.

Guest cvj1

I made the change in the proxyUser.ini file, but the problem remains. (I am running the Beta 6 preview 2).How do I "enter a captcha"???

Guest wyoming

One is the redirect thing and there's nothing much we can do about it. Except get a dedicated server and an agreement with Google. Personally, I just unload the filter and reload a while later. That's a bummer, but I'm ready to a lot to fly over real freakin terrain.Two is the actualization in FSX. And here, my repeated experience is that the only way to get the crisp back is to open/ok the library. Takes ages but crisp is back. Using the refresh scenery option doesn't work. So this suggests that it's not about d/l but about something else between FSX and TP.

Guest cbuchner1

I use FSX SP1 (...and testing Acceleration currently).With SP1, refresh scenery always works for me.Not commenting about SP2.Christian

Guest cbuchner1

Did you put these lines into the section that is service-specific? e.g. into the {cache.service2} section (or whatever you named it). Normally, a HTTP 302 redirect would trigger a popup window to appear.

Guest wyoming

Still use the RTM due to so many problems reported...

Guest cvj4

Christian,I have now run into a major show-stopper. Now, when I log into the G***** service, I get the re-direct almost immediately.This happens even after a re-boot and after having been off-line overnight.So, I am wondering if the G***** servers are identifying my IP address and perhaps assuming that I some kind of a spam bot - and now locking me out. Could this be the case or do you (or anyone else) have any ideas what could be happening? I am using Windows XP (SP2) and running FS9. My 'puter is a 3.2G with 2Gb of ram.Thanks in advance.Claus

Guest cvj4

>>Did you put these lines into the section that is>service-specific? e.g. into the {cache.service2} section (or>whatever you named it). Normally, a HTTP 302 redirect would>trigger a popup window to appear.>yes I did. Here is the relevant section in my ProxyUser.ini file:[G***** E****]cache_folder=d:cache.g**** e****network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=10|rate=0.5|server=http://kh*.g*****.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"captchamodule=captchaformcaptcha_config="cookiedomain=g****.com|cookieurl=http://www.g*****.com"max_lod=13min_level=5max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=50 Any suggestions or changes???Claus

Guest Dragonlick

Yes, I use RTM as well as SP1 gives me some 25 textures/sec and even at that rate, it will never update no matter how long. It has nothing to do with TP since I get the same results with retain photo scenery. Hoping SP2??Christian, had much luck with the wrong texture/position problem? I seem to recall that I had that same one back in beta 4, then gone in 5.

Guest cvj4

>Yes, I use RTM as well as SP1 gives me some 25 textures/sec>and even at that rate, it will never update no matter how>long. It has nothing to do with TP since I get the same>results with retain photo scenery. Hoping SP2??>Christian, had much luck with the wrong texture/position>problem? I seem to recall that I had that same one back in>beta 4, then gone in 5.>You should start your own topic - puleeeze

Guest wyoming

The idea of having to install/uninstall/install etc... all that stuff gives me a headache.