Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dragonlick

TP and FSX SP2

Guest Dragonlick

Hello Christian,I just ordered FSX Accelerator in hopes that SP2 might work better for me. I am currently using TP beta 5 and FSX RTM. Will I need to re-install TP after installing SP2? or will it auto-detect SP2?

Guest cbuchner1

It deals with SP2 just fine, I think for Tileproxy it makes absolutely no difference whether SP1 or SP2 is installed. Both work equally bad ;-) lol.

Guest Dragonlick

It's not TP5 I worry about, that seems almost bullet-proof. Will see how SP2 does. Then maybe I can work my way back up to TP6, but I have no complaints with TP5, it's fast and reliable! The only thing I would like to see is better user control of TP's buffer, i.e. a dump command so we don't have to unload TP to release memory or a working buffer limit. Kudos!

Guest cbuchner1

actually RAM buffer and disk space control, that's the only major feature missing before I can put out a final Beta 6 version.The RAM purging was kind of broken in the 2nd preview control, it lead to tile corruption and broken scenery.

Guest Dragonlick

Well, sad news. I just installed FSX Acceleration and with my machine, the results are not too favorable. Yes, it does work well without TP running, even works fine with my Pheonix photo scenery. But if I run TP5 or 6, all the scenery loads fine but once I leave that particular "load" zone, there is no further scenery update, not even when I run TP alongside of the PHX scenery. They both load fine, but no more loading takes place outside of that zone (as I fly away from there) unless I unload TP and do a full scenery re-load (i.e. from Scenery Library). Then I have just the default scenery. :-hmmmI tried every setting in both TP and FSX.CFG and have researched a bit. Does this maybe have to do with single core machines? Why are only a few ppl having this problem? I won't go back to the RTM but I am missing my TP terribly! Any suggestions???

Guest cbuchner1

Hmm, Tileproxy doesn't load new tiles other than those that are already cached?The offline_mode switch in tileproxy (proxyUser.INI) is set to "False" for sure?

Guest Dragonlick

Right. All settings are the same as I have always had them. TP works just fine with the FSX RTM. But with SP1 or Accel, it will not update at all as I fly, only if I do a scenery reload. I have even tried running without TP running by renaming the .bgl.on files to .bgl and the results are the same. Does not seem to like the bgl's. I am running:Windows XP Home 32 bit, SP2, all updatesHP Pavilion computer, Intel P4 CPU 2.53GHz, 1.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS (512 MB RAM).Please let me know if there are any tests I can try because I am really missing TP like crazy here! :-zhelp

What's your tile loading rate (TPS, displayed in the DOS window). I found that with SP1/2, I get about 40-60 TPS which gives the appearance that the sim isn't loading new textures at all. With RTM and a Fiber setting of about 1.5, I'm getting about 800 tps instead, a 13x improvement.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest cbuchner1

You seem to be one affected by the blurries since the SP1 update. It seems to hit some people really bad.I've had 1000 TPS during flight on a Core Duo laptop once, when I locked the FPS to 10 and set a really high fiber value. But that was no fun, so I went back to 15-20 FPS at around 600 TPS. This with FSX SP1.Christian

Guest Dragonlick

Yes, apparently the only solution for me is to wait until I get my new computer, which is longggg overdue! I may even hold out for a dual quad w/ 8 gigs of ram, 2 superb sli cards, etc. and then you guys can eat your hearts out! haha!!! Other than that, Christian, the latest release seems to be working VERY well, indeed! Meanwhile, I am waiting ever so patiently. I have only dreamed of the day when flying the entire world with photo-scenery would ever be possible and Christian has made that become a reality!!!

Guest cbuchner1

Note that it's not what I would call a release. It's a preview of things to come.I am finally at the point where I understand the LOD system of FSX and when it neets to load what. So I will be able to anticipate when FSX needs specific data. So I can get it into my "RAM disk" driver before FSX even asks for this data.

Guest davidhw

>Right. All settings are the same as I have always had them.>TP works just fine with the FSX RTM. But with SP1 or Accel, it>will not update at all as I fly, only if I do a scenery>reload.I get the same.I'm very impressed with TP, it is an excellent bit of software, and when I load or reload the scenery, it is fantastic. So: many thanks, Christian!However, in flight, after the first 20 seconds or so there is no scenery update at all.During the first 20 seconds, the scenery within a couple of miles of the start point updates to give higher resolution, but once I get to a radius of a couple of miles, that's it.I'm using FSX + SP1 + SP2, TP beta 7 preview (same with beta 6)Sempron 3100+ at 230MHz1.3GB RAMFX5900XT 128mb GraphicsDuring load-up, I'm getting average 750 tiles/secDuring the first 20 seconds or so of flight, I'm getting around 2 tile/sec, but with scenery updating.After this, during normal flight, I'm getting 35 tiles/sec max (at 30fps, 20 tile/s at 15fps, 27 or so at unlimited)Here's what's interesting: I have tweaked virtually every setting (fsx.cfg and ProxyUser.cfg) - one at a time, up and down, making notes, and NOTHING changes the non-updating of scenery! It's not as if putting FPS to 10 changes things either - you'd think at low-res with 10FPS, hovering in one place in a helicopter the system would have to update - but no.)I've yet to try turning Shaders 2.0 off - that's next (after work...), but I'm not holding my breath.I've got other (bought) UK scenery, and when TP is off and that is on, scenery DOES update.Interesting, eh? :-)

Guest Dragonlick

Correct, and I understand. Unfortunately you can not "force feed" FSX and make it update the tiles, lol!

Guest davidhw

And here's the solution - I've just upgraded to dual core 3.0GHz, 2GB RAM and Radeon HD3850 512MB graphics - bingo! Fantastic TP performance. Wonderful :D(incidentally, my 3DMark06 went from 330 to 9100 !!!)

Guest Dragonlick

Appears that outside of converting all the .BGL files in TileProxyWorld to be compatible with FSX, multi-core is the only solution left! Wish I could get my new machine right now! But I have to wait...