Sign in to follow this  
Guest dfavier

TP on second machine?

Guest dfavier

Would it be possible to use half of TP (proxyuser?) on one machine (dualcore with FSX) and the other half on a 2nd machine devoted to fetching/building tiles?(The second machine would have network access to the drive of the 1st machine.)THANKS to Christian for the ***BEST*** FS add-on EVER.

Guest cbuchner1

I'd say the service caches could be on a shared network drive.Make sure these are on a drive which is mapped to a driver letter(say T: ) and point all the service caches to said drive.There is little potential for conflict. Only if one TP was writinga JPG while the other one is reading it, a little screwup could happen.But nothing serious.

Guest BradHosking

I am also interested in this approach as I too have a second pc which is networked.Only thing I think that would be an issue is how would the tileproxy program know that FSX or FS9 is running when it is started on PC2?I know FSINN has this ability. You install it to both PC's and they both have a control panel interface which speaks to each other. When the full interface starts on PC2 it knows that FS is started and connects to it.Would you need to use WideFS or something along those lines to get TP working on 2 pcs?