Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Beta 6 forthcoming

Guest cbuchner1

I am testing the new installer features for Beta 6 right now and there are just two showstopping bugs that I need to fix before release.The first bug I need to fix is a crash on or after entering Captchas.The second bug is a performance issue that occurs during flight where HighRes tiles are loaded at locations far away from the plane. Since this adversely affects performance (and it accesses the tile providers more than necessary) I have decided to hunt for and and eliminate that bug before release.This is probably the last Tileproxy version running in a DOS box. The next one will be aiming for your task tray ;-)

Guest cbuchner1

I got the performance bug smashed. One bug left to go.I just enjoyed a razor-sharp flight in the Swiss Alps on a Quad Core machine. Got about 600 tiles per second during flight, the terrain was catching up just nicely. Well, going 60 knots in the Ultralight thats not a miracle, but it's a start ;)Christian

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

Great news !:9 We will enjoy soon this great work !Thank's a lot for all ! :7

Guest vanderheijden

Thank you Christian, I can't wait..

>>I just enjoyed a razor-sharp flight in the Swiss Alps on a>Quad Core machine. Got about 600 tiles per second during>flight, the terrain was catching up just nicely. Well, going>60 knots in the Ultralight thats not a miracle, but it's a>start ;)>>Christian>Many thanks Christian for your efforts. Are you running with the RTM FSX or SP1 or SP2 at the moment?Bernard

Guest Dragonlick

I think that is fantastic! I am hoping it will work with SP2 on my machine. I have a feeling there is a problem to do with FSX and single core perhaps, but I plan to upgrade to a multi-core next year (that's if I can convince "the boss", haha) and that should solve the problems. Meanwhile, I have not been able to use it...or perhaps the next beta will work for me just fine!Either way, Thank you Christian!!!

Guest Challenger604

Glad to hear it. Tileproxy is one of the only things keeping me interested at this point. After flying with the boring and inacurate scenery from the default it's real exciting to see any progress you are making. Thank You

Guest cbuchner1

I've put the Beta 6 up for download.I may decide to update it later with hot fixes if some unexpected problems pop up.

Guest Challenger604

Thank you!! Wow fast server. DL 56 megs in 1 minuteSince installed I get error 1060 saying the service does not exist as an installed service.What now?

Guest cbuchner1

That happens when it tries to disable the SuperFetch service which only exists on Vista. On XP you see this error message but otherwise things should continue just fine.

Guest Challenger604

Thanks. For some reason it did not work but I think it's because the file folders are in the wrong location. It happened the same way the first time I installed TP. I'm sure I will be able to figure it out.

Guest cbuchner1

I've had two reports of possibly wrong folder locations nowcreated by the installer.Is it working for anyone... at all? ;-)I will be getting a Spanish translation of the manual soon and include it in the distribution. That would be a good chance to fix any installer issues that are discovered.Christian

Hi Christian,I have encountered a possible error while installing Tileproxy:If the FS9 isn't on the standard path, the install procedure always add "Flightsim 9" or something like that to your selected or entered path.Next I have an error while starting tileproxy with the load.bat. Therefore I have commented out the "@echo off" and this is the result:"An error occurred while copying file "tileproxy.sys" Cannot copy file to the destination directory..." is the generated error. The last executed command in the load.bat file is:C:WindowsSystem32rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 C:Fs2004TileProxytileproxy.infHope this will help to solve the problem.BTW. I am using Vista.Thanks again for this wonderful addon.Hugo

Guest cbuchner1

I think you must disable Vista's user account control. Otherwise the script does not have permissions to install the tileproxy.sys driver into your Windows folder.