Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

BETA 6 RELEASED

Guest Dragonlick

Hello Christian,Hurray! Downloaded and installed new beta 6. Still does not want to work properly on my machine tho. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and maybe have solved it somehow. Also, I am listing a few problems I am having as well...1) My FSX is on C: drive at the usual place. I had it install TP on D: and that went perfectly, but I wanted it to place the graphics files on C: at another location. It installed fine. But when I run, it is not putting the cache files on C: but instead are on D: in the TP folder. Not a big problem.2) When I run the LOAD program, It gives me "System Error 1060, Specified service does not exist as an installed service." but then keeps running and things seem to work fine.3) I load my initial area, and that works just fine, inluding the water masking. But again, as before, as soon as I fly away from that area, no more loading of new scenery takes place! (I see about 10-15 tiles/sec but no new scenery, even if I wait 1 hour). The only way to get an update is to do a scenery refresh. I have an HP Pavilion machine, 2.5Ghz single core, 1Gb ram, nvidia card with 512mb and running WIN XP SP2 with all updates. The strange thing is that it will work with FSX RTM version, but not with SP1 or Accelerator!I am going to try installing on my friends machine and see if that works the same.Has anyone else experienced the same thing?Rob L.

Guest cbuchner1

Is your scenery.cfg pointing to a Tileproxy Photoreal World folder on drive K: for sure? Also I noticed that your hard drive has an interesting Device name in the Windows Kernel.DeviceHarddiskDmVolumesPhysicalDmVolumesBlockVolumes1Never seen a complicated device name like that before ;) But anyway, the exact name should not matter for Tileproxy.I noticed one more thing. Your service cache folder name still uses a relative path ....cache.something (relative to Tileproxy folder). My Beta6 installer would normally have replaced this with an absolute path name in proxyUser.INI (like C:Program FilesMicrosoft Gamescache.something)In case you are using scripts or utilities to swap different configuration files (fsx.cfg / scenery.cfg / proxyUser.INI etc) then take care to use properly updated versions of these configs.Christian

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

After the installation , I Had no folder created for cache . I nedded to create them at k: manually ?I had no prior version installed , nor scripts or utilities , I have only one config file , one fsX on this disk .

Guest cbuchner1

The cache folders are created automatically by Tileproxy on first use. No need to create them by hand.The "TileProxy Photoreal World" folder is created by the installer in the location that you selected for it. For you that should be somewhere on drive K:Can you check if the 100 (or more) World scenery entries created by Tileproxy in the scenery.cfg file also point to that location on drive K: ? This can be checked from scenery library of FSX (by editing one of these entries) or by looking at the Scenery.cfg file in a text editor.It would be a pity if my installation routine had some error here.I tested mainly upgrade installations (of existing TP versions), but I forgot to test and verify fresh installations on "virgin" PCs.Oh, just to make absolutely sure you used the "right" installer version: Did you see this logo after clicking on the installer?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181655.jpgIf not, you may have accidentially installed one of the preview versions.Christian

Guest cbuchner1

15 Tiles per second is really really poor. 200 would be a good benchmark. ;) Are you affected much by "the blurries" when flying on standard terrain with FSX SP1?I hope I did not accidentially break support for single core machines with this release. In fact all of my 3 PCs I test on now have at least a dual core chip, one even is a quad.

Guest willpf

Hello Christian,First of all, thank you for a fabulous program.I run a single core AMD based computer, 2.7 GHz. I have both FS9 and FSX SP1 with Acceleration installed. I ran the new installer and everything worked great. The folders have been created on a separate drive, exactly as I requested, so no problems there.As for performance, seems to run at least as well in this latest beta as it did before, and that's on my single core PC. I have the same problem others do in that the program doesn't load tiles fast enough in flight with FSX SP1 (after the initial load). Once I leave the initial area, I start getting the blurries. If I'm not running TileProxy but just using the standard FSX scenery, I have no problem at all with the blurries, textures load fine and look crisp. That's the way it was before, that's the way it is with the new beta. FS9 on the other hand is a dream. Like Truthan said in another posting, it's like flying an endless carpet of Megascenery. It worked great before, it works just as well (at least) with the new beta 6.At some point I'll be getting a dual core or quad core PC, so hopefully I'll be able to run it on FSX then. Does the quad core have a perceptible improvement over the dual core in FSX? And is there any issue with Intel vs. AMD multicore processors when running TileProxy? Would appreciate any feedback on this.Thanks and regards,Will.

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

yes , I used the new installer ; nat

Guest cbuchner1

hmm, for me the drives are usually named something like DeviceHarddiskVolume4.What kind of drive is your K: volume? Some RAID drive? Or an external drive (SATA, USB, Firewire)? I seriously wonder why my filter driver isn't working on it.Christian

Guest Dragonlick

From what I understand, those having problems with the cache, simply modify or add:cache_folder=You will not see the cache folder until after you are running...Christian, I have been having this same problem all along (same as Willpf, see above). Seems to be somehow related to single core machines and FSX SP1 or accelerator. RTM works fine, but I'm not going back. Even if I run the tp scenery offline (without tp even running) I get same results! Won't update as I leave the area of first loading. I am running Pentium 4, 2.5ghz.What is the system error 1060?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181662.jpg

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

ok , it works !:9 I had simply to reboot my machine !Yesterday evening , after installation , I didn't reboot it , and this evening , all woks fine !My K: drive is nothing special : a 250Go internal SATA drive .I now can start to test , it seems to work fine : an average of 400 tiles per second on Yahoo server .:-jumpy

Guest cbuchner1

The System Error 1060 means you don't have Vista.I am issuing a "net stop Superfetch" command in the start sequence to turn this service off - it interferes with TileProxy. On XP you don't have the service, so the net stop command prints this error message instead. It's causing no harm.

Guest cbuchner1

STRANGE. I'm glad it works for you now.A reboot is normally only required if the driver of an older Tileproxy-Version (say, Beta 5 or Beta 6 Preview) is still loaded in memory. Alternatively one can use the "unload" method from the Start menu.

Guest cbuchner1

The Quad does allow for higher TPS values but it's to early for me to tell if that provides a significantly better in flight performance.