Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

BETA 6 RELEASED

Guest Dragonlick

Hello Christian,The single core problem appears to be related to the tileproxy .bgls maybe. If I enable the bgls (after I have downloaded a large area in detail) and run FSX without TP, the problem is the same, i.e. not directly related to TP at all. MegaScenery bgls seem to work just fine, so somewhere I believe there is a difference...does this help?Rob L.

Guest cbuchner1

Well Tileproxy uses FS9 style scenery BGLs. You could compare this roughly with the first release of the MegaScenery packages at 4.75m/pixel which was compatible with FS 2002/2004.Maybe setting a low frame rate limit (say, 15 or 20 FPS) could speed up the loading process somewhat in FSX SP1/SP2?

Guest Dragonlick

Ah HA! That's it exactly! I ran an earlier 4.75m/pixel MegaScenery and it is the same problem, so for single core users there is no help then...it is obviously MS that did not fix this problem! Is there any way to upgrade the TP .bgl files so they are up to date? Can I do this myself somehow??? (I would donate them to the public). I won't be able to afford a new machine until next year.

Guest cbuchner1

I do not know of a tool that converts "old" style photoscenery to "new style" BGLs.The steps involved would be conversion of several thousands of BMPs to one HUGE TIFF file (possibly requiring several GBs of RAM) and then running the FSX SDK's resample.exe tool on it.It can be done for sure, but no one has published a tool to automate this process yet.

Guest Dragonlick

Oh, I was refering to re-making the TileProxy bgls, but if that is not possible, then I will just have to wait for a new machine. Seems very sad to think that Microsoft cares so little about single core users.Several years ago, I had my own business as a scenery developer. I have also been a flight sim user from the beginning, back when Bruce Artwick (SubLogic) created it. I honestly believe that Tile Proxy is the most exciting and inovative add-on ever!That being said, thank you again Christian, your newest beta works extremely well! Now I have even more reason to get that new machine.Rob L.(formerly Safari Fliteware)

Guest Challenger604

Everytime I try to install tileproxy it wants to install it in this path C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9. I have FSX only installed on my system. So do I just install this in the root FSX folder. I forgot how I did it last time. I remember it was a problem until I found the right directory to install it in.Thanks

Guest cbuchner1

It queries for a registry key to find the FSX location. If this key cannot be found it falls back to C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9 as a default location.That registry key would be:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftmicrosoft gamesFlight Simulator10.0SetupPath