Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Discuss bugs and problems with Beta 6

Guest cbuchner1

So far I encountered these problems:- the water mask around Newport (Rhode Island) appears to be broken Investigating... It apears that a non N/S aligned rectangle of data indicates "all land". Does that mean NASA SRTM did not provide reliable data there?- captchaform component crashed on me once on WinXP (32bit) and was not working the second and third time (oh no, not again!) Seems like captchaform needs a MAJOR rewrite or overhaul.Christian

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

I am sorry , but I have still encountered no problems with this version !Ich habe kein Problem mit beta 6 .:-eek

Guest vanderheijden

These are my problems:(XP Professional ServicePack2, P4 2.4, 512Mb, Geforce FX 5200, FSX RTM/FS9)- The captchaform component worked for me the first time I used TP with G****e, :-) but only one time x( and I'm getting most of the time "HTTP response 404" messages (see screenshot) with only few "individual tile accesses xxxx", and no possibility to enter captchas.A reboot doesn't make any difference. -TP doesn't work in FS9. I have both FS9 and FSX installed, I uninstalled the latest version of TP in both versions and had to do it manually in FS9. After install of the current TP version I edited the scenery library path in FS9 and it seemed o.k.... maybe I have to edit Tileproxy Photoreal World in the scenery library again?In my Proxyuser.ini I edited the cache_folder path like this:cache_folder=F:Tileproxy cache folderscache.service2-In FSX, TP installs itself in a FS9 folder:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XFlight Simulator 9TileProxyNo problem in FSX it works fine.Of course I cannot fly far away from my loaded high resolution scenery with my poor system , outside that area it stays blurry.(Next year I'll buy a new machine)Louis

Guest Challenger604

Yea I noticed the installer always wants to install it into an FS9 folder. Can that be fixed?

Guest cbuchner1

That is some strange behavior of the Nullsoft Install System when given a default installation path. I will see what I can do about it.

Guest willpf

Hello Christian,Before I upgraded to SP1 I made a copy of my FSX folder and moved it to a separate drive. I renamed the fsx.exe on that drive to fsx_rtm.exe, so that it gets its own config file. I can use my FS2004 Megascenery products with this RTM version and it works great, while on the SP1 install it loads slowly and gives me the blurries. I understand this is a well known effect of the SP1 upgrade.So now I have two versions of FSX installed. The SP1 version is the one that appears in the registry, the RTM version has no registry entries.I was hoping to run TileProxy with the rtm version, so I started TileProxy, which loaded just fine, and then started my RTM version of fsx. On loading, I got the following message in the DOS box:"proxyUser: FSX signalled a SIMCONNECT_EXCEPTION_VERSION_MISMATCHThis probably means that the FSX SP1 version of TileProxy was installed, however you try to run the RTM (retail) version of FSX. Please reinstall TileProxy to remedy this problemPress any key to continue..."So my question is this: is there a way to force the RTM version of TileProxy to load? I think it was possible with earlier versions but am not sure. Can it be forced with Beta 6? Or is there something else I can do to run my RTM version with TileProxy?Thanks and regards,Will.

Guest cbuchner1

Tileproxy checks for "fsx.exe" or "fs9.exe".So a "fsx_rtm.exe" won't work. You could rename your fsx_rtm.exe to fs9.exe to make it work.Christian

Guest cbuchner1

Also the installer checks the version number of fsx.exe upon installation. So place the fsx_rtm.exe over fsx.exe temporarilyduring TP installation.Tileproxy then installs the version that does not use popup menus for its ingame menus. You will have drop-down menus instead. This TileProxy variant works with both the RTM and SP1 versions.Christian

Guest Dragonlick

Hello Will and Christian,I have been looking high and low for a solution to the SP1 blurries problem, and so far no luck. Seems to be related only to single core users and FS9 style photo scenery. Could you possibly explain how you did your dual FSX installations? Could I install FSX RTM on a new drive now? Or how does that work? Of course I wish there were a way I could have both Accel and TP working together...Thanks,Rob

Guest willpf

Hello Christian,Your instructions were clear, concise and right on target. I did as you said and it worked. I now have two FSX icons on my desktop: one for FSX SP1 with Acceleration, for all the goodies and addons, and one for FSX RTM, for when I want to fly with TileProxy. They now share the same fsx.cfg file, but I haven't seen any adverse effects.It's amazing how well RTM works with TileProxy. I just spent a couple of hours flying around my home town and environs in the trike, admiring the crisp, 1 meter textures. In flight I seem to be loading tiles at an average of 200+ per second. The textures snap crisply into place and everything looks just beautiful. And this is on my old, 2.7GHz single core PC. Granted I set my slider at 10fps, but it still feels very smooth in flight. I'm happy.Thank you very much for your help. This is the best for low and slow flying.Regards,Will.

Guest willpf

Hello Rob,After I read your earlier post I decided to also check out my old Megascenery for FS2004 in FSX. As you observed, somehow SP1 nerfed the texture loading for those old sceneries and I started getting the blurries with Megascenery 2004 also. Further research on the forum confirmed that this is a well known problem with the SP1. Although I had TileProxy running marvelously with FS 2004, I wanted to experience it with the 1m resolution of FSX, so I decided to create a separate FSX RTM installation.This is what I did:I uninstalled all my FSX addons, Acceleration pack, SP1 and FSX itself. After the complete uninstall I manually deleted the remaining FSX folder, the Flight Simulator X folder in My Documents, and the FSX folder in Documents and Settings/(my user profile)/Application Data/Microsoft. I wanted to make sure that I started with a clean installation.I then reinstalled FSX from the DVD to get a clean RTM installation. Once installed I copied the Flight Simulator X program folder and pasted it in a separate drive and partition. So now I had two identical copies of FSX RTM. At this point I also made a backup copy of the FSX configuration file. Finally I created desktop shortcuts to each of the fsx.exe programs. I named the one for the original install "FSX SP1" and the one for the copy "FSX RTM".At this point I reinstalled SP1 and the Acceleration pack. These updates were only applied to the original install. The copy I'd made was unafected. At the end of this process I had two versions of FSX - the fully updated one with SP1 and Acceleration, and the original RTM one.I retested the Megascenery 2004 and not surprisingly found that whereas the SP1 installation experienced the blurries, the RTM copy worked like a charm, crisp and clear throughout the flight.And finally comes the TileProxy installation. I couldn't have done this right without Christian's explanation.First, back up or rename your fsx.exe from the SP1 folder. Then put the fsx.exe program from your RTM folder into the SP1 folder. The reason you do this is to fool the TileProxy installer into thinking it's installing itself for the RTM version, I think. Next, install TileProxy. And now, before doing anything else, put the fsx.exe you just moved to the SP1 folder back into the RTM folder, and restore or rename the fsx.exe program into the SP1 folder. So now the SP1 version of fsx.exe should be back in the SP1 folder, and the RTM version of fsx.exe should be back in the RTM folder. And you're good to go.Run TileProxy, run the "FSX RTM" shortcut, and behold the beauty of 1m photographic textures in FSX. With my old single core system I limit myself to the trike and 10fps to get this level of quality consistently, but if I want to go faster and/or higher, I modify the ProxyUser.ini file to load 4.75m textures - like Megascenery 2004 wherever you go.This was way longer than it needed to be, hopefully it made sense. The hardest part was the hours spent uninstalling and reinstalling all those gigabytes of data, but the results were well worth it. Now if only Microsoft could unnerf the SP1 texture loading so that we could enjoy our commercial addons with TileProxy...Good luck,Will.

Guest Dragonlick

Thank you Will,I do hope that others will find this useful as well! A shame we have to do it this way, but at least we can have the best of both worlds, even if not at the same time.I may try to do this in an even quicker way if possible. For example, is there any reason that I couldn't just leave the FSX with SP2 where it is and install a second copy (rtm) to another drive? Then install TP and point it to the rtm version?Christian, since TP detects SP1+ on the fly, wouldn't this maybe work?(and yes, I am lazy!!!)

Guest cbuchner1

RTM in a second place might work. But what about the product registration/activation? Can RTM be activated in parallel to the Acceleration package? hmmm

Guest cbuchner1

Here's a bug for you. ,-)I am getting some tile corruption in particular areas. I have a saved flight that will always result in some tiles having black strips in them, as well as some times being completely garbled.The fact that I can reproduce this from the saved flight on multiple PCs makes debugging easier, I think. Will look into this next weekend or so.Christian

Guest Dragonlick

Well, I decided to put off on having 2 FSX installations, one reason being drive space. I posted on another forum about the single core FS9 scenery issue and got a responce from Phil Taylor no less! But unfortunately, it was of no use. I also recieved a reply from Robert Ferraro of MegaScenery, his programmers won't be around til next year.Meanwhile, I will wait and keep searching. If I had the money, I would just buy a new machine, badly needed. I am perplexed that either:A) hardly any other users here have single core machines?or:( Will and I are the only ones having scenery update issues with FSX SP2.