Sign in to follow this  
Guest leglegle

Tile access speed

Guest leglegle

Hello, Have loved Tileproxy for FS9. Made it a whole new sim from day one. As a RW commercial instrument rated pilot, I have routinely flown the sim into approaches that I would use, before I did them. Helped with terrain awareness. Quick question though. My access values are usually in the double digits, say 1.2 per second, 10 per second, 15 per second,50 per second. But, rarely do I ever see anything above 100 per second, or 200 per second. I am on a broadband line that I have tested, and it is over 12 MB download, and 1.5 Upload speed.I have noticed that others routinely get 100+ tile access per second both in pre-load and during the sim. Any ideas why I am so slow? I have included my .ini file. I use Y* as my source,which is #3, but also Virtual E* as well.Here is .ini:## Start a line with # to comment it out.# Turn your text editor's Word Wrapping OFF for editing this document.## Read the manual for help with configuration. Do not contact the# author about the configuration for particular services. Thank you.#[TileProxy]# Enable or disable worldwide photographic scenery coverage (Yes/True/On to enable)master_enable=On# Offline Mode - No network access will occur (Yes/True/On to enable)offline_mode=No# The distance up to which LOD 15 (1.1m/pixel) would be loaded (only applies to FS9 and FSX RTM)lod_distance=2200# Resolution limiter: 15 = 1.1m/pixel, 14 = 2.3m/pixel, 13 = 4.75m/pixel# Lower resolutions load faster, but are visually less appealing.max_lod=15# Number of Tiles to read-ahead. Speeds up communication between proxyUser and tileproxy.syspreload=15# Generate Water Mask. This brings back shader-rendered water and allows# for the use of planes with floats (Goose, Beaver, etc...). If you turn this# option off, you get the Tileproxy behavior of Beta 5 and earlier versions.water_mask=On# Recommendation: FSX users: Use water_blending=on, water_smoothing=off# to get soft land/water transitions## FS9 users: Use water_blending=off, water_smoothing=on# to get hard land/water transitions which# Tileproxy tries to match pixel-exact against coast-lines## Combining water_smoothing and water_blending is discouraged.# It's slow and gives weird results.# Use blending techniques to create a soft land/water transition with some# transparency effect near the shoreline. Compatible with FSX only.water_blending=Off# The distance in meters that you want land/water blending to extend from the# shore line. Larger values require more processing. You should not currently# specify values much larger than 500 meters because it can create visual artifacts.blend_distance=500.0# Try to smooth land/water boundaries by trying to match the water mask to the image content.# This is a a somewhat experimental algorithm.water_smoothing=On# The decision threshold for water/land when water_smoothing is enabled. 0 means everything# will be turned to land, 1 means everything turns to water. Chose some value inbetweenwater_threshold=0.33# Maximum number of bytes allocated to BMP graphics tiles in RAM at any time (0 for unlimited)cache_bytes_limit=64000000# Maximum number of BMP tiles to cache in RAM at any time (0 for no limit)cache_tiles_limit=50000# The currently active service is configured here. Only ONE active source please.# The other source statements should be commented out.#source=Acme Globe Service#source=Service Example 1#source=Service Example 2source=Service Example 3#source=Service Example 4# The sources you want to be able to switch from the GUI menu.# Separate the list entries with | and enclose in quotes. Make sure the# names specified here are valid services which are defined below.# You may want to rename the services according to your preference,# but make sure you replace all occurences of the strings.menu_sources="Service Example 1|Service Example 2|Service Example 3|Service Example 4"## Here begin the service specific configurations## This is new when you specify captcha_module## On encountering HTTP 302 redirects the captcha module will send Internet Explorer's cookies# stored for the specified service domain to the web server. It will also display whatever web# page the service redirects you to. This could be a page requiring you to enter a so-called# captcha. After entering the captcha correctly, the resulting session cookie will be stored as# a permanent cookie (expiration 1 day) in your IE Cookies folder and sent to the service on# subsequent requests. You will then be able to use the service as long as you wish, given that# you correctly enter the captcha dialog which may nag you once every 20 minutes or so.# # Explaining the captcha_config arguments:## cookiedomain from captcha_config specifies the domain name for which cookies are stored.# This might be the service name plus a top level domain like ".com"## cookieurl specifies a HTTP url from which an identifying cookie will be retrieved first, if# no existing identifying cookie is found. This may be required sometimes to make the captcha# dialog appear in the first place. This could be the service's front page URL (e.g. a search# engine)[Acme Globe Service]cache_folder=C:Program FilesMicrosoft Gamescache.acmenetwork_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://server*.acmeglobe.com|path=/terraintile?pos=%s&v=%v|quad=ABCD|balance=0123|agent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; The TileProxy Project)"captcha_module=captchaformcaptcha_config="cookiedomain=acmeglobe.com|cookieurl=http://www.acmeglobe.com"min_level=9max_level=17map_version=1color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=25[service Example 1]cache_folder=C:Program FilesMicrosoft Gamescache.service1network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://a*.ortho.tiles.figurethisoutyourself|path=/tiles/a%s.jpeg?g=%v|quad=0123|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=9max_level=17map_version=55level_mapping=9,10,11,12,14,14,15,16,17#level_mapping=9,10,11,14,14,14,15,16,17color_hack=Yescolor_level=13bulk_extend=50[service Example 2]cache_folder=C:Program FilesMicrosoft Gamescache.service2network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://kh*.figurethisoutyourself|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=%v|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"captcha_module=captchaformcaptcha_config="cookiedomain=figurethisoutyourself|cookieurl=http://www.figurethisoutyourself"min_level=5max_level=17map_version=20color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=50[service Example 3]cache_folder=C:Program FilesMicrosoft Gamescache.service3network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://us.maps3.yimg.com|path=/aerial.maps.yimg.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=%v&t=a|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=5max_level=17map_version=1.5color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=50[service Example 4]cache_folder=C:Program FilesMicrosoft Gamescache.service4network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://mapcache*.figurethisoutyourself|path=/sat/%Z/%X/%Y?partner=|balance=1234|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"min_level=5max_level=17map_version=1color_hack=Yescolor_level=12bulk_extend=50

Guest leglegle

Oh yeah, and this is Beta 6. Also, I have not changed V* Earth source line yet for Beta 6, so before anyone says anything, I know it is wrong. Thanks, CB

Guest cbuchner1

With FS9, tile loading speed is proportional to your frame rate. So after rendering a frame, FS9 will access a few more tiles.You should try anything that brings up the frame rate. First, don't lock your frame rate in FS9. Try to bring the rate above 50 FPS. Reduce terrain mesh complexity and LOD radius, turn down water effects etc. Reduce the amount of clouds, if necessary.You can try playing with the following parameters in fs9.cfg. Refer to some online documents/forums about FS9 to learn how to use them.TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=100TextureMaxLoad =10

Guest leglegle

Ah! I forgot about that. I thought that when TP was running, TP governed the speed. I know all of the settings in FS9, so I will just go "unlimited" on frame rates.Thanks!CB

Guest leglegle

Actually, Christian, the framerates don't determine the preload speed do they. They only determine the loading times of the tiles once the sim is loaded and you are flying. What determines the loading speed while FS9 is loading on the splash screen, once you have chosen your destination, and the sim is preparing to take you there?CB

Guest cbuchner1

It's mostly the terrain radius (level of detail radius) set in the Flight Sim and in FS9 whether Extended Terrain Textures is enabled.The higher the settings, the more tiles have to be loaded... and the slower things will be.