Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Update on Map Versions

Guest cbuchner1

"Service1" is now at version 104 (Wow!)"Service2" is at version 24"Service3" is at version 1.7Update the map_version arguments in ProxyUser.INI to take advantage of the latest map data. And unfortunately you will have to flush your service caches, as this cache is not yet aware of tile revisions/versions.Christian

Guest ericmay

Thanks for the update, but what do you mean by flushing the service caches?eric

Guest cbuchner1

two options:Use Service Cache browser, select the entire globe with the mouse and press "Erase Tiles". Or simply delete the entire service cache folders (it will be re-created as needed). This forces TP to download the latest map data, even in areas that already have some coverage with an older map version.

Guest hmdfl

I am in dire need of help setting this whole thing up, I want to use the "G___le" mapping stuff but don't know how???? Christian, Ein Biscien Hilfe!!! Sorry about the spelling....

Guest cbuchner1

Ed Truthan has a good INI file for the Beta 5 on www.edtruthan.com/tileproxy/iniOnly the menu_sources statement should be added to support switching from inside FSX.And you can add all the water mask related options from Beta 6, if you are interested in this feature.Don't forget about updating the map_version statements also.Christian

Guest hmdfl

>>Ed Truthan has a good INI file for the Beta 5 on>www.edtruthan.com/tileproxy/ini>>Only the menu_sources statement should be added to support>switching from inside FSX.>>And you can add all the water mask related options from Beta>6, if you are interested in this feature.>>Don't forget about updating the map_version statements also.>>Christian>That would be fine if I knew how to do all that stuff lol, I did manage to get green photo background now with this ini instead of black tiles but that was just by putting his ini in my file.Also the yahoo resolution seems to be lower than the GE one. Any chance of getting your ini in a PM Christian? Regards Hang

Guest cbuchner1

that's a no no - My INI file is top secret - how am I supposed to stay ahead of the competition ;)

Guest hmdfl

Ha Ha , even if you kept the top secret stuff, you would be helping me allot!