Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Hold your breath for an updated preview

Guest cbuchner1

The latest TP version will be pre-loading the tiles that the aircraft will be hovering flying over in 60 seconds. This means that as soon as FSX wants to load them, they are already in memory. What that means for you? Razor sharp unblurred flights at 100 KTS and more. The idea is that FSX can always access the tiles that it needs to, without stalling due to Internet access or file operations.I am currently test-flying this new version.I just had a blue screen (d

Guest cbuchner1

Just did a 90 minute test flight out of Seattle with a helicopter and everything was fine. Fantastic Scenery. No blue screens, just wonderful blue water.

Christian,You surely know how to tease someone :-).What about FS9 support?Best regards,Hugo

Guest cbuchner1

FSX RTM and FS 2004 do not benefit from the speed-ups, if they work at all. I currently disable all preloading for these versions.Christian

Guest sstobbe

Would you go so far as to say that the version you are working on outperfoms Beta 5/ FSX RTM in terms of blurries?

Guest cbuchner1

It is hard for me to tell, as I am no longer running the RTM release. I will however try to make the "final" Beta 7 version run nicely with FSX RTM.

Guest cbuchner1

Stop holding your breath now. It's available now, seemingly without bluescreens.

Hmmm, the 1st 7 beta working fine.Went to 2nd 7 beta ... transferred all appropriate .INI from 7aGet this screen ...

Guest cbuchner1

What you see is the LOD 8 to LOD 12 circles around your aircraft, not yet loaded with any data. As soon as you select an airport to start from, these circles will load up with data (summer textures, actually). That is even before your flight.

Guest rbrown3rd

I also get that screen but when TP first starts I also get a system error 1060. ??Tried to catch it the last time I started TP and I think it said no such service configured. I will check my ini file over carefully.Also.... when I run TP and start FSX I get the FSX startup logo but then FSX shuts down.

Guest cbuchner1

if FSX shuts down every time, I'd recommend to disable the hooking technique in the INI file. You will lose the moving map, but FSX won't crash anymore.

Guest rbrown3rd

The hooking was the problem. Now TP is working and textures are showing but there is still a slight problem. The area immediately around my aircraft at the startup position is showing as water. See attached image.

Guest cbuchner1

Do you run any service pack on FSX? (SP1 or SP2 or the acceleration pack?)

Guest rbrown3rd

>>Do you run any service pack on FSX? (SP1 or SP2 or the>acceleration pack?)>Yes, SP2.

Guest rbrown3rd

Just bumping this up. I tried a different service and still got the water textures loading around my aircraft startup location. Probably not related but my textures around the local water area are not clear and crisp. I assume that is probably because they start out as distant textures?