Sign in to follow this  
Guest Good_Old_Enzo

Tiles are only 64x64 and 128x128 pixel size

Guest Good_Old_Enzo

Hello everybody,yesterday night i tried tileproxy for the first time - and i am getting in a fever ;-)Thanks to the author CB ! A great program !!!I managed to edit the lines for the first 2 services and it worked .. nearly as i wanted. Only problem is that the tiles are only 64x64 and some are 128x128 pixel size. I flew around Stuttgart area in Germany and thought - perhaps i have to wait ? But the resolution didnt change.LOD = 15 - so i expected 1024x1024 tilesor have i got to wait ??? My connection is DSL 2mbittileproxy 7-beta 2 - downloaded yesterdayi work with XNview Freeware-Viewer who shows the bmp

Guest cbuchner1

I am guessing that some other service may be running on the machine, possibly a virus scanner, some system optimization tool etc that confuses the tileproxy.sys driver.Normally it should detect tile reads of FSX that access the 1024x1024 mip level from tiles and then Tileproxy would download this resolution promptly. But if some other driver sits inbetween the flight sim and the file system, the size of these reads may get changed, so that Tileproxy is confused about what the Flight sim actually wants

Guest Good_Old_Enzo

Hi CB !Thanks for the fast answer. The antivirus-prog was de-activated ( yeah ! i read the manual , lol ) but you gave me an idea what could go wrong !I have a MatroxTripleHead2go working. ( i love it ... )This could cause trouble perhaps !?When i am home today evening, i will test it without the driver or with another PC... Can i dowload all tiles on one PC and then copy it to the other ?When i transfer the complete tile-directory and when it is active in the scenery-ini this should work, eh ?ok - good new ideas ;-)Thanks for your help ! I will try again today evening and will test the old autogen-agn

Guest cbuchner1

I've just had another report with symptoms like this.Unfortunately on all my 4 test machines, I haven't seen this issue yet.

Guest Good_Old_Enzo

Hi CB,i have tested the proggie on another PC - totally equal equipment like my other PC - EXCEPT - the graphics-card...No Matrox TripleHead2go - only the original Nvidia 6800 Ultra.With G***** and Virt***E*** it is getting better now -> but only tiles with 256x256. But it sure looks a lot better now !!!But when i fly around , the landscape ist changing in tiles with 256x256 that are very blurry...But that could be my RAM -> 1 GB isn

Guest flyalot

Christian, which bitmap sizes do we have to expect? I'm kind of puzzled, too. Most of my bmp files are1. 2KB of size with 32x32 pixels (32 bit), lets say 2/3 of the files in a .nnnntexture folder. 2. 6KB files with 64x64 pixels, and 3. 22KB size with 128x128 bits (maybe a few more than the 64x64 tiles).Last there are these .flat files with a size of 256KB. However, there are only relatively few of them and they are kind of strange. Looks like these are the first files being created right at the beginning of a flight and often (but not always) they have a "wrong" season, meaning it doesn't fit the other tiles' season (i.e. LM instead of SU if you do a trip in "real time" evening/winter and FSX simulation time is summer/morning). Worst of all, I can't view them with any tool I have on my computer.BTW, in my case it makes no difference at all if virus protection is activated.Is such a pattern of files what should be expected?

Guest cbuchner1

The highest size to expect is 1024x1024 BMPs of about 680kb size (no water masks) or 1360kb size for the ones with watermasks enabled.Only a few of the high res tiles would be there and lots of the 32x32 ones. The tiles that are smaller than 1kB are packed into FLAT files for performance reasons.