Sign in to follow this  
Truthan

Beta 7 - A Newbies Quick Guide:

Guest Absoulution

Thank You,Thank You,,,,, And Thank You!I tried to get the tile proxy set up could not figure it out.This file worked like magic, I guess this program is a bit over my head. I just finished flying around my hometown on G--#e E*%@h for the first time.I tried to setup the captcha info but could not get it right. Thanks Christian for one of the most groundbreaking game add ons ever, and thanks Ed for the pre-configured INI.

Hi Chuck,An online version of the TileProxy Manual is now available here: http://edtruthan.com/tileproxy/manual.htmThanks to CB for letting me post an HTML version online.-Ed

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest SuperFortress

I still cannot get TP to work. Nothing but black tiles everywhere :(

SuperFortress,Hmmm, bummer friend. OK lets see...a few more troubleshooting ideas come to mind, sorry if they seem redundant, but just to be sure:1. Where are you attempting to load a flight? Have you tried CHANGING LOCATIONS, i.e. there could be insufficient coverage for the level TP is trying to load at that location, bad tiles, etc...2. Have you tried CHANGING THE MAP SERVICE you're attempting to use and/or location in combination #1 above at the same time?3. If your using my pre-configured ProxyUser.ini file, are you CERTAIN that you're using ini for the appropriate FS version you're trying to load? (The FS9 ini limits resolution to 4.75 pix/meter... FSX may try to load highr LOD rings resulting in black tiles.)4. Are you ABSOLUTLY CERTAIN that every filter, firewall, or screening function of your virus AND your SPYWARE installations are completly OFF? Some programs have multiple filters etc...5. Have tried completely clearing you cache folders, and/or reinstalling TileProxy?Since this is a "pinned" thread other users may not be monitoring it anymore...so if you have tried all of the above you may want to post a new thread in the forum summarizing your attempted troubleshooting steps up to this point and see if it sparks any fresh ideas with other users.Let us know how you do.-Ed

- T. S. Eliot

Guest SuperFortress

>SuperFortress,>>Hmmm, bummer friend. OK lets see...a few more troubleshooting>ideas come to mind, sorry if they seem redundant, but just to>be sure:>>1. Where are you attempting to load a flight? Have you tried>CHANGING LOCATIONS, i.e. there could be insufficient coverage>for the level TP is trying to load at that location, bad>tiles, etc...>>2. Have you tried CHANGING THE MAP SERVICE you're attempting>to use and/or location in combination #1 above at the same>time?>>3. If your using my pre-configured ProxyUser.ini file, are you>CERTAIN that you're using ini for the appropriate FS version>you're trying to load? (The FS9 ini limits resolution to 4.75>pix/meter... FSX may try to load highr LOD rings resulting in>black tiles.)>>4. Are you ABSOLUTLY CERTAIN that every filter, firewall, or>screening function of your virus AND your SPYWARE>installations are completly OFF? Some programs have multiple>filters etc...>>5. Have tried completely clearing you cache folders, and/or>reinstalling TileProxy?>>Since this is a "pinned" thread other users may not be>monitoring it anymore...so if you have tried all of the above>you may want to post a new thread in the forum summarizing>your attempted troubleshooting steps up to this point and see>if it sparks any fresh ideas with other users.>>Let us know how you do.>>-Ed >I am using the pre-configured INI file and I am using the correct FSX version of it. So far the only areas I have tried are around New York and KSLC. For testing purposes, is there any area I can try that has definite coverage?I will also try your other recommendations as well. Thank you again.

Guest cbuchner1

I remember someone saying that just shutting down NOD Antivirus did not help, he had to uninstall it.From another source I hear that AntiVir is not conflicting with TP at all. No, I am not getting paid for AntiVir promotion ;)Christian

SuperFortress,I just tried KSLC with the preconfigured FSX ini and it loads beautifully in about 5 Minutes with the "Service Example 3" you said you were configured with in an earlier post. My system is almost identical to yours except the video card. One more thought: Did you choose to install your "TileProxy Photoreal World" and cache folders on another drive at install? If so did you make sure and edit the address locations in the ini file as suggested in the "Quick Guide". Check back to the Guide if not, I may have updated some stuff since you installed...Good Luck...-Ed

- T. S. Eliot

Guest SuperFortress

>SuperFortress,>>I just tried KSLC with the preconfigured FSX ini and it loads>beautifully in about 5 Minutes with the "Service Example 3">you said you were configured with in an earlier post. My>system is almost identical to yours except the video card. >>One more thought: Did you choose to install your "TileProxy>Photoreal World" and cache folders on another drive at>install? If so did you make sure and edit the address>locations in the ini file as suggested in the "Quick Guide".>Check back to the Guide if not, I may have updated some stuff>since you installed...>>Good Luck...>>-EdNope, everything is installed on drive C:

Guest SuperFortress

>>I remember someone saying that just shutting down NOD>Antivirus did not help, he had to uninstall it.>>From another source I hear that AntiVir is not conflicting>with TP at all. No, I am not getting paid for AntiVir>promotion ;)>>Christian>At first I did have a problem with NOD32 interfering with TP. FSX would just freeze up at 36%. I disabled NOD32(not uninstalled) and that resolved the issue but perhaps you are right and I need to prevent it from loading at all during PC startup. Guess I will try that as well. Thank you.

The best way to prevent other progs from cocking up TP is to stop them running at the outset. The only way to do this is from the RUN command type msconfig, click on selective startup, uncheck the load startup items then click on the Services tab, then check "Hide all Microsoft Services" then click disable all. This disables all none microsoft services. OK your way out and re-boot.Bernard

Guest SuperFortress

Just wanted to drop by and say thank you again for all the advice. Looks like a complete reinstall of TP did the trick. Lovin it!

>>From another source I hear that AntiVir is not conflicting>with TP at all. No, I am not getting paid for AntiVir>promotion ;)>>ChristianI can confirm that the present version of TP (Beta 7 latest) will run with AVG antivirus enabled.If you wish to free up resources however my advice re stopping unwanted services still holds. You need all the clock cycles and every byte of memory you have working on TP not on other tasks.This prog is now awesome. You can now dodge the trucks on the motorways and maintain lane discipline - just follow the white lines.Bern:-beerchug

Guest jdeane

Many thanks for the quick guide - I think I have loaded TP properly, including the .ini file (and changes for high res) and I am seeing great scenery in both USA and Europe. One (stupid?) question though - between 50000 and 100000 tiles pre-load (very quickly), but the "hit" and "miss" information always stays at 0 and the "individual tile accesses" also always stays at 0. Is this right, or have I missed something? Surely if I have pre-loaded tiles successfully, they should then be counted on the "hit" stats as I use them, and/or should show as individual accesses. Also, at least one part of my local scenery (southern England) is just wrong - a long-built residential area which comes out as fields - which makes me think that I am perhaps not accessing the tiles properly - however, the rest of my home town seems to be just fine. Guidance most welcome!Jeremy

Guest cbuchner1

If you don't get any "Hit" counted then your simulator is using default scenery. If you could post a screen shot, we'd know for sure.Note that any international (Unicode) characters in the paths to the Tileproxy Photoreal World folder or even the FSX program folder will cause Tileproxy to fail. So Chinese users for example who have a "Program Files" folder spelled out in Chinese... have a problem.Also starting Tileproxy before loading a flight is a must. Even better before loading the simulator.Christian