Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mick_

TileProxy not starting and working correctly

Guest Mick_

Hi everybody,some days ago I downloaded the newest version of TileProxy after I saw some very impressive screenshots. To configure it, I went to this page http://edtruthan.com/tileproxy/7.2/ where I downloaded the proxyuser.ini file. I edited the downloaded file and corrected the cache-folder settings (my cache is on a different partition) so it corresponds with the folders I entered during the installation. I did not edit anything else in the downloaded proxyuser.ini.Then I started TileProxy itself via the proxyuser.exe. It seems to work normally and at the end the last line says something like "TileProxy is ready for takeoff". I then started FSX, but after a few seconds I hear the error message sound (one time the sound came twice), but no error message is displayed. After a few minutes of loading, FSX crashes with the SplashScreen still showing. It displays the normal crashed-window with the option to restart FSX and to tell or not to tell Microsoft about the problem.I thought when it is not possible to start TP before FSX, I'll try it the other way around. I loaded a flight (over the Grand Canyon to be sure it has coverage) and started TP. The TP window shows some activity and I checked the cache-folder and there are downloaded pictures of the area and there are many .flat-files and .bgl-files in the scenery folder (the scenery folder which is in the scenery.cfg of FSX). But somehow they don't show up in FSX. I tried to refresh the scenery (via keyboard shortcut, via TP menu and via a time change) but it didn't work, neither did it work after I changed the service to download from a different source.A picture of TP and FSX (remove the space between p and g in the address, couldn't make it work as a link without showing the picture :()http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tpro9.jp ghttp://img81.imageshack.us/img81/618/tpro9.th.jpgThe line below the URLs says "<0> - Done!" after the number counted down from around <20>.I don't have the small map in FSX, I think that's because I started TP after FSX.I opened the ServiceCacheBrowser browser to see what it downloaded and found the correct area covered. I also checked the scenery.cfg and the correct folders are at the highest priority.TileProxy downloads the correct tiles, but they don't show up. Any ideas? Is it just because I can't start TP before FSX? How can I solve this problem then?_____Mick

Guest cbuchner1

to rid yourself of the crash, turn off the hooking in the INI file. Those crashes occur sporadically (even for me). You will lose the moving map feature, but Tileproxy will otherwise function well.In your scenario, you already had a flight loaded and then you started tileproxy. In this case, you have to go to the scenery library with the FSX menu and click the "OK" button. This will cause a *full* scenery reload and makes FSX pick up photoreal scenery, where previously it displayed default terrain.The better way is to start tileproxy before loading a flight (but possibly after FSX shows you the flight selection dialog)Christian

I have a different problem.When I start TP it ends immediately and says...proxyUser: No volumes found.proxyUser: Connecting to the filter.proxyUser: ERROR connecting to filter port: 0x80070002any ideas ???I copied a INI file from...http://edtruthan.com/tileproxy/7.2/What's going wrong, I used TP in the past and it worked great but now nothing ???

Guest cbuchner1

And you are definitely using the Tileproxy_Beta7_fixed.zip archive that was posted on February 6th?The version before had a problem which would result in exactly that error message on Windows XP systems.To get rid of it, you can open a command window (Start menu Run... cmd.exe)and typefltmc.exe load TileproxyAnd then try starting Tileproxy once again.The version "Tileproxy_Beta7_fixed.zip" should no longer have this problem.Christian

Aaarrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhh !!!!I have been ripping my hair out for several hours trying to get this thing working and for once I wasn't the weakest link !!Thank you for the help and the program...

Dang, I just realized that I was the weakest link because I didn't have the newest version. That was a short lived victory...Even a dog has his day, when do I get mine ??

Guest Mick_

>>to rid yourself of the crash, turn off the hooking in the INI>file. Those crashes occur sporadically (even for me). You will>lose the moving map feature, but Tileproxy will otherwise>function well.>>In your scenario, you already had a flight loaded and then you>started tileproxy. In this case, you have to go to the scenery>library with the FSX menu and click the "OK" button. This will>cause a *full* scenery reload and makes FSX pick up photoreal>scenery, where previously it displayed default terrain.>>The better way is to start tileproxy before loading a flight>(but possibly after FSX shows you the flight selection>dialog)>>Christian>>After I disabled both hooking-options it started smoothly, even when I start it before FSX. Thank you for the help. I read all the help files before, but there's so much information that I did not notice this little section.Unfortunately I encountered the next problem immediately: When FSX is loading the flight (and TP is loading its files), the ProxyUser window shows a "[tiles] per second" number of around 20. TP generates almost no download traffic, according to what my Firewall says. It takes around 30 minutes to complete the first "circle" in the ProxyUser window. I guess that's supposed to work faster, isn't it? When I quit TP and let FSX complete the loading, the scenery is quite messed up (I can refresh it though, and the standard scenery is active then). -> http://i26.tinypic.com/2dsheuh.jp gMy system (important parts): Intel DualCore E6750, 2GB RAM, WinXP, FSX SP2, usual download speed: 500-600 kb/s.Settings tried without success:Cache on different partitions (un-/reinstalled)FSX.cfg:-Frames per second: unlimited / locked at 15fps-Detail radius: Low / Middle / High-BufferPools: 5000000 / (no entry)-FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION: 0.33 / 1 / (no entry)-TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD: 512 / 1024ProxyUser.ini-different download services (Google, VirtualEarth, Yahoo; all correctly downloading some tiles to their cache)-preload: 1023 / 0-cache_bytes_limit: 100000000 / 200000000-resolution limiter max_lod: 15 / 14Preload=0 gives me a tiles per second of about 80 which is the fastest so far.Any ideas why it works so slow? If I understood correctly, the tiles per second number in the window should be around 1000 during the loading? I guess that would mean about 10 minutes is a common loading time for a flight?

Guest cbuchner1

any virus scanning software running in the background? this can mess up Tileproxy's operation

Guest Mick_

Yes, AntiVir. I read about possible interferences in the manual, but I think disabling it for hours is not a good solution. I think I will test it today for a few minutes though.

Guest cbuchner1

You've still got the firewall that protects you.Just stay away from Internet Explorer while the virus scanner is off. ;)

Guest Mick_

McAfee Anti-virus, which I had before, was indeed the problem. I now run AntiVir instead and it works perfectly together with TileProxy (no difference seen between active and not active). I get download rates of around 600-700 tiles per second (from all 4 services) and a flight loads in 5-10 minutes. With FSX running the speed is at around 300 tps. But here's the latest addition to the never-ending story :) While earlier it downloaded jpeg tile files to the cache folder 2 (during the installation it asks for two cache folders, I'm referring to the lower) correctly, it now refuses to do so. Not even the folders like "cache.service2" are created although the ProxyUser window says "Using cache folder `...cache.service1`" (complete and correct path). Manually creating these folders doesn't help either. ServiceCacheBrowser shows no files either.Cache folder 1, which is the one activated in the FSX scenery, contains some 10000 files and is 100-130mb big. Its size doesn't change much. There's no terrain visible except buildings, runways etc. The rest is water or black. Interestingly TP downloads with 300-600 tps even when the fake-AcmeGlobe service is active (and the "circles" in the black window are filled with * as ususal)...Scenery refreshing has been tried several times, including go to scenery library -> click ok button. I also completed several un-/reinstallations and different ini files (original ini with URL changes from the modified; modified ini with cache folder corrections from the original. And I moved the cache folder 2 to a different location (changed the ini file).Some statistics after loading a flight (almost the same for all services): Indiv. tile accesses: ~60000, ~600 tiles per secondPreloaded ~2000000, Hit: ~115000, Miss: ~5000 (sometimes smaller).And the firewall shows inbound traffic for ProxyUser.exe.Since the first install I always used the same cache folders, I have no idea why suddenly there are no files in cache folder 2 anymore (there should be some, right?). I hope you have an idea again, you were always right so far :)