Sign in to follow this  
Guest corepunch

using tileproxy with megascenery

Guest cbuchner1

We need to do something about the flatness of the photo scenery. This becomes especially apparent with the "Toshiba" buildings in final approach.

Guest wolfram_ravenwolf

We'd need a 1 m mesh. I read news about the development of such a mesh that should be released later this year. Unfortunately I can't find the link right now. Anyone else read about it and able to post a link?EDIT: Found the link!http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/no...08/fsdr0208.htmSo it's "only" 5 m, but hey, can't wait for their Germany release...

Guest corepunch

Since you are able to do the water-masking using usgs data I would think you can also generate the night scenery. I seem to remember using usgs data to render night tiles in FLY!. I would at least patent this process in case someone does somehow commercialize that process. Yeah, seems MS would have integrated it with livearth somehow, maybe the next version.Personally this is one of the greatest things to happen to FS. No more having to scan all the sites and files just to find one small area of photo scenery usually not in the areas I want to fly.I remember with all the photo sceneries I have purchased it always made me sad when it ended and wished it would just go on, and now it does :)

Wow, that's what I call superior customer service. Thank you so much! I found time to test that only this weekend unfortunately. Anyway, it works like a charm. Really nice indeed.Regarding the names of the releases: how about adding the date to the archive name instead of 'latest'? Or simply 0.7.0.12, 0.7.0.13, etc.? Long-winded version numbers have a long tradition with open source software after all... ;)