Sign in to follow this  
fbass

Broken Link

There seems to be a broken link in the "What's New" section, Scat Air Package. The zip file is CIS_traffic_team_snat_2007.zip. The error is "cannot display page...."Thanksfb

Guest KD Larsen

An older file which is also suffering from the accented filename issue: fsp_saab340_air_

Interesting. Thanks for your response.I guess my next question is this - why hasen't someone that monitors the library taken steps to fix this problem. Come on guys.fb

Guest KD Larsen

In the meantime, you can grab the file over at avsim.ru - installed it earlier this evening along with the other traffic packs from the CIS team.

Kasper,Thanks for the suggestion. However, the Russian site apparently requires a login and whenever I try to establish an account a screen comes up that is all Russian language and I can't figure out how to register.Oh well. I guess I'll have to pass on the Scat package since no one from AVSIM is interested in helping - typical.fb

FB:So sorry that we aren't fast enough for you. First of all we are not clairvoyant so we didn't know there was a problem til now. Small things are not easily spotted and it would slow things down a lot if we have to use a fine-tooth comb on all these files and secondly we cannot change a filename. Perhaps you would like to take the initiative and contact the author asking him to re-upload and thereby speeding up the process.RickLibrary Manager

Guest KD Larsen

Try this link first, Frank:http://www.avsim.ru/files.phtml?action=dow...id=9968&hl=ScatYou may need to refresh the site a few times, in order to get a clear view of the 5 letter/digits you need to enter. Once you've entered those correctly, it should download as usual. I've never registred at the site either, but so far all of the downloads have worked for me :)

Rick,I'm sorry too. You see, it seems that I was mistaken in my belief that this was the Library Forum and that library personnel would monitor this forum on a daily basis just in case there were problems with the library. As far as "fast enough for you," - well three days does not seem to be all that short of time matching my incorrect assumption that the forum would be monitored daily. That would, I'm afraid, dispell the notion of clarivoyance.In addition, I think you missed part of my point. AVSIM should, in my opinion, screen all files being uploaded for unusual characters and not allow developers to upload their files if these types of characters are present. Further, it would "speed up the process" if there was a statement on the download page warning developers that placing these characters in a file name would preclude their upload.Another bad assumption - if I can download a file you can change the file ID. However, to be fair, maybe your database is totally different from every other site. For instance, the PAI database allows administrators to change just about anything they want. The reason I know is because I used to be the librarian.It is of course just my humble opinion but it always seems like the blame for things incorrect always falls on the user and never on AVSIM and its procedures. I would believe that maintaining perfection like that is a most tiring exercise.fb