Sign in to follow this  
Truthan

Beta 7 Final "Update" version with FS9 still works OK but...

Hi CB,I installed the Beta 7 Final "Update" and after doing some tweaks to the ProxyUser.ini file can report reasonably satisfactory FS9 performance. (Though Beta 6 seems possibly be a more stable performer for FS9 in general). But, for those who wish to have the new Beta 7 features on board for FSX and who ocasionally will go and fly FS9 too, I'll soon update the Quick Guide (and ini) for this latest "Update" release. I'm thinking of providing a Beta 6 ini Version too for those who plan only to use FS9. Do you plan to leave a copy of the Beta 6 version at Sourceforge? If not, I can provide a copy on my server if you didn't mind.One last question: I am getting a often repeated text message I've never seen before with FS9 with the "Update" version: "TILE API: Invalid water mask size for conditional_erosion_dilation<> function!" TP continues to work and load tiles but this popping up as the TP screen scrolls quite a bit. Any idea what's up whith that?

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest cbuchner1

That message is an unwanted side effect of my recent changes. I need to fix it, or the water masks will not be adjusted properly to the shorelines. You will see extremely jagged edges on the shores (30m resolution or so, as provided by NASA). This only affects the "water_smoothing" option, as used for FS9. In FSX people most likely use the water_blending option, which I have optimized for speed.I also found another rendering issue in the "final update" version when alpha_min was set to a value > 0. Then there would be a visble edge where the water mask transitions into deep sea. Unfortunately this slipped through my testing because I was testing with alpha_min = 0 and everything looked fine then.So expect one more final version. Argh. ;)By the way, I am currently flying a lot of tropical islands, like in French Polynesia and around Australia. WOW.... Those coral reefs are real stunners.Christian