Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

UPDATE: Preload capability for LOD 13 to 17 now available

Guest cbuchner1

The latest Tileproxy release is dated March 2nd and this could be the last Beta 7 update. It offers preload capabilities for all LOD levels (10 rings in total) and adds several smaller speed improvements and bug fixes.A late bug regarding dithering/rendering of water masks was fixed. Some improvements to cache flushing were made. Now tiles within the LOD 13-17 circles are not flushed from memory, even if the RAM usage quota is exceeded.

Thanks for the heads up CB. I have updated the Quick Guide, ini, and online manual accordingly.-Ed

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

H*ll's bells Christian it is hard work keeping up with you. Do you have a proper job? :-) I will of course give it a run but not today - my Mother in Law is comming. :-bat Many thanksBernard

Guest cbuchner1

Here's a "KNOWN BUG" for you that I just got to know and love:The water mask of lower resolution BMP tiles in the distance (say, 32 x 32 pixels) can end up badly dithered. You can sometimes observe a checkerboard pattern on land.UPDATE: Fixed with March 2nd update. Sorry.

Guest cbuchner1

> H*ll's bells Christian it is hard work keeping up with you. Do you have a proper job? :-) Yes, but the question is "how much longer?". Just kidding. I am trying to keep up with my job, with life and everything.So no more updates of Tileproxy for 4-6 months. Take my word for it. The next update will bring something revolutionary, I just don't yet know what.Hmmm... I need a vacation (from this Tileproxy thing and in general).

Guest jean-pierre peretti

>Hmmm... I need a vacation (from this Tileproxy thing and in>general).>>You deserve it!That's really a fantastic toy you gave us!

Guest zayante

Thank you so much for what you have given to our community! I've been to sourceforge several times over the past few days and only find the Feb 4 version. Am I doing something wrong, I cannot wait to get my hands on it. You've changed vfr flying forever. Best Regards!

I'm not sure why the date still shows as 02-04-08 but the "Tileproxy_Beta7_Latest.zip" you see there is the very latest release. Two days old in fact, so go on and grab it.

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest zayante

Got it! It's great, thanx again!

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

Thanks for this fantastic tool !"The next update will bring something revolutionary, I just don't yet know what."With the actual version , its already revolutionary !:-cool