Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Tileproxy awesome, but whats up with the water texture.

Nope, thats FS-X at KPNS...What wrong with my water textures :( can ya help me ?can you perhaps paste the content of proxyuser.ini file here ?

Sorry - I use FS9 and I really have no idea why your water textures are so saturated-- Have you installed Ed Truthan's latest FSx.INI file?Barry

Guest cbuchner1

Water set to "Med 2.0" or "High 2.0"? You have a shader model 2.0 capable graphics card?For example Intel 945GM/965GM onboard chipsets found in most laptops won't do the Shader Model 2.0 and then it looks roughly like this.You can alter water_rgb in the INI file to be darker.Say... #001030 or #000D1AChristian

Hiya christian,My GFX card is 8800gt (g92) and i have water set to 1.0 high not 2.0...should i set it to 2.0 ?

Guest cbuchner1

Yes please. Much better water effect.Low 2.0 for no reflected objects (not even clouds).Medium 2.0 if you don't care for terrain being reflected in water, just clouds.High 2.0 if you would like terrain to be reflected.Very High 2.0 for EVERYTHING including buildings and trees to be reflected.

Hmmm, i dont have a very high 2.0 option in the scenery menu

Hiya,First of all i'd like to extend by appreciation towards the developer of this wonderful software. Thank you very much for your continious efforts.Please look at the following screenshot:http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8758/waterfa4.jpgI really dont like the water textures. is there anyway to modify replace them ?Thanks,MIke.