Sign in to follow this  
Guest rbrown3rd

FSX all black after new TP iinstall

Guest rbrown3rd

FSX and TP have been getting along quite famously.Grabbed the latest, March 2nd?, TP and installed it.Downloaded Ed's ini file.Started TP.... loaded from 200 - 500 tiles per second. minute? Anyway. Started FSX and it loaded as one would expect. At 100% FSX opened to an all black screen.Tried again from scratch same result.Advice? Suggestions?

Guest rbrown3rd

Update.I tried a different location. Same result screen all blackI tried a different service provider. Same result screen all black.Interestingly I can hear the aircraft engine and if I switch views I can hear that the views are switching. Throttle invokes a proper response in engine sound. Service provider 2 presented the Capthya screen and I responded properly. Loading continued. I like the ascii rings that get filled.Next will reboot and try again.

Guest cbuchner1

See if the enable_hooking switch is set to OFF in the INI file.It may be an issue unrelated to Tileproxy though. I've seldom had all black screens when the video driver was acting up / broken. A reboot would fix it for me.

For the record, I have the enable_hooking set to off by default in the pre-configured FSX ini file. I just loaded a flight over the Toiyabe Range in the Nevada outback with the FSX ini from the quick guide, and all looked good as seen below so this ini should work for you. The only thing a user needs to edit in this ini is their chosen "cache_folder=" locations listed under each service, which I've notedd in the qick guide. The current entry is the default location at: "C:Program FilesMicrosoft Games". Other than that it should work as pictured. Another thought...There was a Beta 7 version on the server for a day or two that had preload_max_lod limit of 12. The VERY last version increased that to 15, which is the setting in my current ini. Are you sure you have the very latest Beta 7 installed?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/185976.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/185977.jpg

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest rbrown3rd

Ok. Here is what I am going to do. I just did a reboot and I am not going to change anything and try again. I thought I got the latest version from SourceForge. I think it was dated March 1 but maybe that was an older one. I will also check that to be sure. Thanks for the quick response guys. Ed, those screenshots are beautiful.BTW, just noticed that the preload max lod in the TP window is set at 15 so I must have the latest version.

Guest rbrown3rd

Still having the problem after rebooting. I am uninstalling TP and starting from scratch to see if that fixes it. I will also redownload to be sure I have the latest although the lod max preload showed as 15 in the TP screen.

Guest rbrown3rd

There is no longer a March file on SourceFource. Only a February one. Hmmm. Weird.

That's just the date that's posted. It's been that way in spite of several updates. Not sure why. So, the "TileProxy_Beta7_Latest.zip" file you see there IS the newest version. My archives show March 1st actually WAS the day when the previous was on the server all day, (it had the same zip name too) so that might be your problem. Also, if I understand TP window readings it may have shown "preload 15" because I believe it's displaying the "content" of the ini file. That doesn't mean TP can load those levels if it's the previous version, so maybe there's the rub.

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest rbrown3rd

>That's just the date that's posted. It's been that way in>spite of several updates. Not sure why. So, the>"TileProxy_Beta7_Latest.zip" file you see there IS the newest>version. My archives show March 1st actually WAS the day when>the previous was on the server all day, (it had the same zip>name too) so that might be your problem. Also, if I understand>TP window readings it may have shown "preload 15" because I>believe it's displaying the "content" of the ini file. That>doesn't mean TP can load those levels if it's the previous>version, so maybe there's the rub.ok. I am going to grab it again and start from scratch. Sounds like that could be it.

Guest cbuchner1

So you are getting an ALL BLACK screen, as opposed to some black tiles around the aircraft?

Guest rbrown3rd

Yes, all black screen. I have reloaded TP multiple times with different settings and still get the all black screen. I am going to try upgrading my graphic driver, Nvidia, but it was working with the previous version of TP.

Guest cbuchner1

Maybe let FSX rebuild your fsx.cfg file. It could be related to some graphics card or resolution settings. I assume you get the same problem when Tileproxy is not even started before loading a flight?

Guest rbrown3rd

That was going to be the next thing I try. I just rebooted after loading the latest graphics drivers. I will try FSX and if it does not work will let it rebuild the cfg.

Guest rbrown3rd

At one point I even reinstalled TP with a lower resolution setting thinking that my poor old system was just not able to handle the 1.1 meter pixel size. However, thinking back, I have run that resolution before so it should not be a problem. I suspect it is a graphics driver issue. I am now reloading FSX with TP running after updating my video drivers so I should know something shortly.

Guest rbrown3rd

Still all black. Checking FSX now without TP and will then let it rebuild the cfg.