Sign in to follow this  
Guest rbrown3rd

FSX all black after new TP iinstall

Guest rbrown3rd

FSX is fine running without Tileproxy.

Guest rbrown3rd

I am using the ini from the users guide site. But, Ed ran it to get those beautiful screenshots. The file on SourceForge for Tileproxy was dated other than March but it was named Tileproxy_Beta7_latest. It appeared to be an all new install with options I had not seen before. Will start the programs again now that the cfg has been rebuilt.

Make sure you got the latest ini from the quick guide too!If you STILL have problems, here are some suggestions to run over. Some you may be aware of but for the sake of other less experienced readers:--- I got all black tiles once when I had left TWO services enabled (Acme and Service 3). TP downloaded lots of tiles and acted normal till FS booted into the sim and all was black. --- Try disabling preloading altogether. You can "trick" TP into shutting off all preloading with these settings:preload_min_lod=9preload_max_lod=8--- Be EXTRA sure that no virus, spyware, or other firewall or filtering devices of any nature are running. That's been a black tile culprit too.--- Clear out BOTH your World folder and all Service Caches from the start menu links between boots so your not loading pre-cached black tiles from previously failed attempt.--- Make sure that the "Tileproxy Photoreal World" actually exists where you instructed the installer to put it. The driver looks for and MUST FIND a folder of this name in order for TP to work right. A recent user who did not have this folder named correctly got black tiles I seem to remember.--- Make sure the cache_folder= entries for each service in the ProxyUser.ini correctly point to the folder where your chose for your cache folders to reside. --- If these folders were placed on an external drive, double check that the drive is powered up and appearing in My Computer as an active and valid drive. My externals sometimes don't reboot after power outages, etc.--- Make doubly sure that your max_lod value is not set ABOVE the max_level value specified under the service your using. (Remembering that the max_lod value is two numeric digits BELOW the corresponding equal of the max__level value like so):max_lod=15 equals max_level=17max_lod=14 equals max_level=16 etc.Good Luck!

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest rbrown3rd

Thanks. I tried all of the standard things and still get all black. Not just black tiles but all black screen. I will work through your list and report back but it must be another day. Thanks for the support.

Guest rbrown3rd

Disabled pre loading.Cleared all cachesVerified location of photoreal scenery folder.Still black tiles.Just before shutting down I checked and found Windows had turned on its Firewall. Probably after an update. Really too tired to try it anymore tonight but hopefully tomorrow that will be it. I remain optimistic.

Guest rbrown3rd

--- One service enabled--- Try disabling preloading altogether. Done--- Disabled--- Cleared world folder and cache--- Tileproxy Photoreal World" actually exists --- Firewall off--- Cache folder exists and is filled with jpgsStill all black screen. Not black tiles but entirely black screen. See http://www.bbbrown.com/images_general/jpgs/tpblack.jpgWhile TP is running it downloads tiles at up to 600+ tiles per second when starting and then drops down to a few. FSX runs fine without TP. Any more ideas? Is this a conspiracy with the computer manufacturers to get me to buy that new computer I have been putting off for years? :-)

Hi Bob,Hmmm...(head scratching). It's seems like it's a TP/FSX interface problem of some kind. Christian may have better clue in this realm...None the less, check these system wide basics just to be sure. Do you have the following installed:--- Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) --- Microsoft NetFramework 2.0--- FSX Service Pack 1 (SP1)TP requires the first two and I believe the last one for best performance and maybe even now to run.To verify if you have XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed go here:Start > Control Panel > System > General Tab, and look for "Service Pack 2" listed under the "System:" heading.To verify if you have NET Framework 2.0 installed go here:Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, and look for "Microsoft.Net Framework 2.0"To verify you have FSX SP1 insalled: Right click on your "FSX.exe" in your FSX root folder and choose "Properties". Go to the "Version" tab and choose the "File Version" entry. You should see something like this: 10.0.61355.0 (fsx-sp1.20070510-2038)Notice the "FSX-SP1" text.If you're missing any of these here are the links you need:XP Service Pack 2http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspxNet Framework 2.0http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=enFSX Service Pack 1http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/F...rvicePack1.aspxIf all of the above are installed, then maybe a good test might be to revert to TileProxy Beta 6 (or earlier) and see what happens:TileProxy Downloadshttp://www.sourceforge.net/projects/tileproxy/Here's a Beta 6 ini:http://edtruthan.com/tileproxy/tutorial/fs9users.htmLastly, if you were using an earlier version of TP that worked, what version was it? All previous versions are still available for download at SourceForge so you could always try an even earlier version as well. If that doesn't work then seems to me it must be a "something" that has changed, failed, or been added to your system since then...you'd think ay? I was not able to find any other forum posts on the web that had a solution a similar problem and since the Beta 7 version is so new that's not surprising. It'd be interesting to see if any earlier versions worked for you. Let us know how you do. Maybe Christian has an idea...-Ed

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest rbrown3rd

Yes, I have all of those components installed. I am presently on my Linux machine. I'll try installing the beta 6 version when I boot back up in Windows. This is certainly an interesting event. Just two days ago I was running Tileproxy and the sim to get the screenshots for my Blog over at fs-freeflow.com. I think I jinxed myself by bragging about TP and FSX in the blog. LOL.

Guest rbrown3rd

Ok guys. Beta 6 works perfectly. The problem is in the latest release. At least with my system.

Guest cbuchner1

Sorry, guys. I wouldn't know what could have borked Tileproxy for you with the very latest release.I will keep you posted if I can find anything "odd" on my systems.Christian

Guest rbrown3rd

No problem. Glad to help out if I can. Since Ed and you are running ok it must be something peculiar to my system. If I can do anything you can email me directly.

Guest rbrown3rd

Update 2:I have not resolved my all black problem, not the rugby team, but I have dropped back to beta 6 and find that with Ed's ini files for that version everything runs fine. Christian, don't know if it helps or not but with beta 7 I got no photo scenery at all in FS9 and FSX was all black. I tried everything I could think of including removing recently installed software but nothing helped. The good news is that FS9 is really quite nice with beta 6 and it has breathed new life into my FS9 flying. My PC eventually falls behind in processing the tiles, it is old and tired like me, but it does a pretty good job.

Guest jbakerutexas

just wanted to throw in my hat and say i have the same problemall black SCREEN, not tiles.can hear engine running, things working, but no picture.fsx works fine if i dont load up tileproxy.amd athlon 3200nvidia 6800 GT graphics card.:-(i want pretty pictures.

Guest jbakerutexas

oh heres something interesting.after loading up and getting a black screen and engine running sound, i alt-tab'ed CLOSED tileproxy, then alt-tabbed back inLO AND BEHOLDi now get picture, and there is sat images on the tiles. YAY!too bad its only detailed enough to make a traffic pattern :-interesting, nonetheless.something clearly doesnt like having tileproxy and fsx graphics running at same time...