Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ultima_Thule

Help

Guest Ultima_Thule

Ok, I have followed the qucik start guide but tileproxy still does not work, I start Tileproxy and I get the message Tileproxy is ready for takeoff, start FS load a flight and get what's in the first picture, and close FS and look at the tileproxy screen and I get whats in second picture. Please help!

Your TP screen shows "Timout was reached" so you may want to try decreasing the "rate=2.0" setting under the Map Service you are using, (looked like Sevice 3 in your Screens). This will extend the timeout times as mentioned in the TP Manual in the "Rate" heading of the "Parameters in the services sections" section: http://www.edtruthan.com/tileproxy/manual.htm#24 "Setting at "rate=1.0" will double your timeout times.If that doesn't work, change map services and see if there is a problem you've had connecting to Service 3. Also be DOUBLE sure that all virus software and other "file filtering" software on your computer has been DISABLED, so downloads aren't being blocked.

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest cbuchner1

Maybe his Internet provider is requiring him to use a proxy server? that can be enabled by using SET HTTP_PROXY=.... in the tileproxy.bat script.(the former load.bat script had an example of this, but alas it is no longer part of the distribution)

Guest Ultima_Thule

I've tryied changeing the "rate=2.0" to "rate=1.0" but I'm still getting the "timeout was reached" message.

Guest Ultima_Thule

I've set the "rate=..." to "rate=0.05" and now I'm getting "transfer a partial file" message, also how do I set it up if I'm no a proxy server (whatever that is)? Please help, I've asked this on 3 forums for the past month and nobody helps me:(

I am unfamilier with Proxy Servers myself, your internet provider can tell you if your on a Proxy Server. The instructions to configure a Proxy Server are in the TP Manual, but the latest release does not include the .bat file Christian refers to....if it turns out you need to set that up maybe Christian can steer you in the right direction....But, assuming that's NOT the problem, more information on what troubleshooting steps you've taken already would help. For instance, we know the changing the "rate" didn't help, BUT DID YOU: 1. Make SURE there are no virus programs, Windows or other firewalls, and ANY "file filtering" software programs are running on your PC??2. Switch map services try again (Service 1 or 3)??? 3. Attempt another location with good coverage of the chosen service??4. Check that you have all the installed updates and installations TP REQUIRES as listed in the "Before Installation" of the Quick Guide?? (i.e. XP/SP2, MS Net Framwork 2.0, FSX/SP1 etc)??

- T. S. Eliot

Guest Ultima_Thule

I don't have any virus programs or file filters running, I have tried the other map services, and other locations in the sim, and I have all the updates required. I tried it last night with the partial file transfered message and very few areas had scenery on them, but the rest looked like brown, and blue paint mixed together. I have even set the "rate=" as low as .001 but I still get the partial file transfered message.

Hmm. Well, unless you've tried it already, at this point I'd try a complete uninstall and reinstall of TP. Several users have found this to work including the recent thread "Blocky". (Why did it work after the second install? Gee, who knows, but it did the trick.) There is an unistaller in the TP Start Menu shorcuts. After the uninstaller is through removing files (may take a while), manually delete the leftover "TileProxy" root folder in your FS main folder. Then, make sure you have the latest version of TileProxy to reinstall: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=195231Ignore the Feb. 4th, 2008 date, the "TileProxy_Beta7_Latest.zip" at Sourceforge file is the actual March 3rd, 2008 release.Now, just to BE EXTRA SURE things are set to work right you may want to accept the DEFAULT locations (i.e. on C:/ drive) for the "TileProxy Photoreal World" and "Cache" folders. Download a fresh version of the latest ProxyUser.ini from the QuickGuide and try again. If the problem persists then we may assume it's not a faulty initial install, or a TP version vs. ini used, or a "Cache" and "World" folders drive locations issue, etc.

- T. S. Eliot

One more thing...I am assuming that you are using a relatively HIGH SPEED internet connection to begin with and that you are not on a HTTP Proxy Server? TP is a "no go" proposition with anything resmbling a dial up connection, and if your internet connection does in fact use a HTTP Proxy Server you would of course have to configure it manually as mentioned in the TP Manual and thread posts above...etc..

- T. S. Eliot

Guest Ultima_Thule

My internet is DSL, and I get 330kb/s so I don't know if this fast enough.

Yup. That seems to fit all the evidence and error messages, ay? Under "Recommended System Specifications" the TP Manual suggests "A 2 Mbit/s Internet connection or faster". I'd wager that's the problem. If so, an upgrade in connection speed if it's available in your area might be the only way....sorry we couldn't get you going just yet.

- T. S. Eliot