Sign in to follow this  
Guest Domr

The world has gone grey

Guest Domr

As in another post i found everything was blocky after a re-install of tp7 I found everything to work just fine! After many attempts TP worked and it was amazing!!!!! but it worked once! now everything is grey no matter what source i get my images from. Everything is in my scenery.CFG as it should and everything is checked. I am also not seeing any errors on TP my anti-virus is off. the only other problem that occurs is sometime FS just locks when loading completely freezes i left it for 40mins last night and nothing happened. Any suggestions again.Heres a shot of how my world lookshttp://www.ukmil.org.uk/server/grab.jpg

Guest Domr

looking again i have quote: "individual tile access 0 , 0.0 per second"I think this may be my problem because when TP worked well for me I'm sure there were numbers not zeros there!! :-) Any clues on what may be causing this?Dom

Hmmmm. It worked ONCE after a fresh insall though?!? Very strange. That in itself is an interesting clue to the problem but I'm not sure what it might mean...CB?TP user Bob Brown in the recent post "FSX all black after new TP install" just could not get Beta 7 to work on his PC even though we tried everything but the kitchen sink, and he's an experienced FS user. But Beta 6 cranked right up for him, so maybe there is an issue in Beta 7 that only effects the occasional user (due to ???). If you have the time and are so inclined it would be interesting to revert to to Beta 6 and see if it works for you. You can grab a pre-configured Beta 6 ProxyUser.ini here: http://edtruthan.com/tileproxy/tutorial/fs9users.htm It includes both an FS9 and FSX ini. Beta 6 is still available for download at the same Sourceforge web page you got Beta 7: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=195231 If you opt to try this, remember after you uninstall Beta 7 to make sure and MANUALLY remove the "TileProxy" root folder in your main FS folder, as the uninstaller does not remove it automatically.Alternatively, there is a minor update to Beta 7 just released ("Tileproxy_Beta7_Mar12.zip") but the issues it fixes might not of course address your problem (whatever it is), but you could try it. These issues are described at the top of the Quick Guide in the update notes. One final thing, a user in Tampa reported a missing area BGL folder that was overlooked for his area so make sure and try different areas when testing to make sure your not trying to load a flight that is in a "blank" area by an off chance. CB will fix this soon I'm sure.

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest Domr

I have re installed TP 6 now and that's working perfectly just seems to be a problem with 7 so maybe i should stick with 6. Thanks again for your adviceDom

Guest cbuchner1

I am not sure why Beta 7 is flunking out for some, the only SNAFU that I had so far with Beta 7 was that on one or two occasions, it only preloaded tiles but then did not show any tiles accessed by FSX, as if the "master_enable" flag had been set to 0.The result in FSX was that only the highest LODs (saved as BMPs) were shown in FSX, but the low res LODs (saved as .FLAT files) contained garbage because FSX couldn't find them.The problem went away after relaunching FSX and TP.

Guest Domr

Not sure why TP7 doesn't work for me but i've found out TP6 is working really well on my machine. Just need to get rid of my blurries and the world is mine!!Dom

On a few occasions I too have had Beta 7 stop accessing tiles as well. I thought it was just pausing for a moment, but sure enough it had just stopped. It's only happened a few times and re-booting TP and FS solves the problem. Never recall seeing that with Beta 6 and before.

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest Dragonlick

I am having the same problems as above, myself. Could it be related to the single core machine issues? What processors are you guys using?

Guest Domr

which version of TP are you using. The only way i found to remedy this problem was to use version 6 of TP. Just one thing have you checked that the area you are wanting to fly over is properly covered by the mapping service your using try this site http://www.flashearth.com/ to double check your area is covered. Make sure you empty your cache before attempting again.Dom