Sign in to follow this  
Guest RipPip

Google Earth is different than Google Maps ...

Guest RipPip

Hi!This is a GREAT utility, Tileproxy ...I use v0.7, on FS9.What I spotted is that Google Maps coverage (Example 2? :)) is not the same as seen in Google Earth, in some regions ...Is it possible to set Tileproxy to GE than to GM?Regards,Rysiek

Guest cbuchner1

Yes, they are different.While I would in theory be able to access Google Earth, I prefer not to do it. The last project that did it was threatened by E-Mail from Google's CTO personally, hinting at possible legal action if the project continued to use Google Earth (project name was gaia version 0.1.0).

Guest RipPip

Thanks for the answer ...geee that I was afraid of.But ... this is that I would access Google Earth, not a software developer? :-)The other thing which makes me even twice confused now:this is "Tileproxy" LLRM Ramon AB:http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/3440/ti...mramonabsz4.jpg... and this is "Google Maps" LLRM Ramon AB as I can see it now in my browser:http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/8905/go...mramonabke9.jpgIs this that Tileproxy setup points to "other" GMaps (I think older)???

Guest ha5mvo

>>Is this that Tileproxy setup points to "other" GMaps (I think older)???May very well be the case. There's a version parameter in the URL, perhaps you'd like to bump it up and see what happens...Wish I could tell you what the current number should be but perhaps someone more informed would be able to provide that info.

Guest RipPip

Got it, in ProxyUser.INI file:map_version=24Will try to change this to something bigger :)

Guest RipPip

So I tried:map_version=30just a guessed value ... and you know what - IT WORKS!!!!http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2383/ti...monabmapii2.jpgWell, you can love a new "look" or not but what is most important - this coverage is continuous and current.Left is a traditional v0.7 FS9 black hole and far away are remnants of the old (map_version=24) cached coverage.Thanks for the GREAT tip!

Guest cbuchner1

FYI the actual version they are currently at is 25.You might want to use the Service Cache browser to get rid of the older cached tiles for that region. Right now my cache is not map version aware, meaning that a manual flush is required.Christian