Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kelburn

Tileproxy not starting up

Guest Kelburn

This is what I get:0c6b02c5.jpgHow do I fix this?I have installed it in the default folders except for the cache which is in my D: drive and not my C: drive.

Guest cbuchner1

80070005 is "Access Denied".You are probably running with Vista's UAC enabled. Try disabling it. Another possible solution is to set "Run as Administrator" for proxyuser.exe (or possible proxyuser.bat as well).Alternatively there might be a problem loading the tileproxy.sys driver on Vista 64 bit editions. For this to work, early during boot press F8 to get a boot menu. Allow loading of unsigned drivers in this boot menu. It's a hassle, I know.

You need to make sure you have your permissions set up for the folders that TP uses. Right click on the folder and click on Properties and then Security. Make sure full control is ticked.Bernard

Guest Kelburn

Okay. It now works but I get black tiles:I got this picture black tiles in about a 50km radius (I think) around my airplane.And I got this message:bdc9f899.jpgI did the workaround thing by redoing the preload_min and max etc...I then got this:e4d6cd03.jpgand this:fe295117.jpg(p.s. I forgot to turn of my AVAST anti-virus)

Guest Kelburn

with AVAST turned off and windows firewall turned off this is what I getb9c2fe0f.jpg2404b0e6.jpgand this is what appears on tileproxyfbfb0ce6.jpga1c83ef9.jpgAny help appreciated.

Guest cbuchner1

From some people I've heard that certain anti virus engines may interfere even when temporarily disabled.The only way they got it working was by either uninstalling the engine or by preventing the antivirus service from starting up on windows boot.Not sure about AVAST though.But this might be the last straw you might try.PS: the free AntiVir from Avira works with Tileproxy even when enabled.Christian

Guest Kelburn

by the way avast was uninstalled thus I had no internet protection

Just for good measure, you may want to clear out your Cache and Tileproxy Photoreal World folders beween boots of TP/FS to make sure no corrupted textures etc from previous attempts are being reloaded. I don't use Vista so can't advise on possible OS issues that might be effecting your attempts. I have seen black tile issues before, but the "jumbled" nature of your last screenshot is puzzling. Some users have cleared up strangly irreconcilaby issues with a clean uninstall/ reinstall of TP.... i.e. the things you have since de-actvated (UAC, Avast, etc) may have effected the install to begin with. Just shots in the dark I know, but might help ...

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest cbuchner1

Another idea is to always shut down the sim and Tileproxy before a retry. In FS9 mode Tileproxy remembers previous tile accesses in order to predict the resolution that may be needed in the current tile access.A previously failed attempt may well spoil the next attempt if you didn't shut down Tileproxy inbetween, because the data remembered does not apply to the current loading session.FS9 builds sort of a "pyramid" of level-of-detail layers (like in the towers of hanoi game). By remembering which layers have been loaded by the previous accesses I can tell which layer will be needed next. Of course any new towers of hanoi game has to start with an ordered set of game pieces, if you don't mind the analogy.Christian

Guest Kelburn

I will try the re-install. For the rebooting each time I reboot both FS9 and Tileproxy.How do I empty the cache?

You can empty the Caches for each indivdual service with the Cache Manager applet in the Start Menu- All Programs- TileProxy shortcuts folder. It's a great little program with world map and tile management tools. There's also a shortcut in the TP shortcuts that clears the TP Photoresl World folder.

- T. S. Eliot

Guest Kelburn

I did a reinstall and emptied cache but still same problem

I have also had the black tile and corrupt tile syndrome. I cannot remember exactly what I did to cure it - it is some months ago now and with an early version of TP.What I have now works.Conflicting programs - From within the flying screen of FSX (no need to start TP) click on Help then Troubleshooting. In the bottom right hand side you will find a list and one of the items is Conflicting Programs. Click on this and follow the instructions. If you are running Vista the instructions will not be quite correct but that does not matter. Following this proceedure will stop all non-microsoft services and startup items from running. Your firewall will be ok but virus protection and anti spyware will be turned off.File access -If you are running Vista (as I am) UAC must be turned off and your user must have full access to all the directories that TP uses.From Windows explorer right click on the cache.service directories and the Tileproxy Photoreal World directory in turn and go to Properties - Security and check your access rights. If you do not have full access then you need to edit your access permissions. It is a good idea to delete TP and all saved data and start over.Bernard

Well shucks Kelburn. Hmmm... A while back in this thread: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=2922&page=2TP user Bob Brown just could not get Beta 7 to work on his rig no matter what we tried. Never did find the problem. Even Christian was stumped as to why. He finally dropped back to Beta 6 (still available at: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/tileproxy/ ) and TP fired up perfectly. I believe another user recently had to do that too. Why these particular systems balk at Beta 7 is thus far a mystery. In any case, as a troubleshooting measure to see if the problem is in fact Beta 7 or something in your system, trying Beta 6 might help clarify things. Beta 7 of course does benefit from the newly increased Tile loading speeds for Dual Core and above machines, but other than that Beta 6 has the superb global water masks and all the whistles and bells Beta 7 has in general. You can grab a pre-configured Beta 6 ini file at the link on this page: http://edtruthan.com/tileproxy/tutorial/fs9users.htm-Ed

- T. S. Eliot

Guest Challenger604

I've got the same tile proxy screen saying that it is not accessing any tiles. My other versions of TP worked fine. I noticed it mentioned my TP setup was no maximized for SP1. Yet I didnt see any options to optimize TP for SP1?