Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kelburn

Tileproxy not starting up

Guest Challenger604

FYI My problem was SP1. However compared to the other version I used which I think was like beta 5 my FPS is under 10. I got over 20 with the older version. What changed?

Just a stab in the dark - I take it that you have only one service enabled in proxyUser.ini?Example:# The currently active service is configured here. Only ONE active source please.# The other source statements should be commented out.#source=Acme Globe Service#source=VirtualEarthsource=Google#source=Yahoo#source=AskBernard

I've used TP since early 7. Had it going quite well in my last XP computer. (Already wonderful)Finally got a Quad core w/Vista/DX10 - but now...I get the same error messages on startup after the C:[program location]:ProxyUser: Volume listing failed with error 0X80070005ProxyUser: Making sure SuperFetch service is not runningProxyUser: connecting to the filterProxyUser: ERROR connecting to the filter port 0x80070002I've been setting permissions like crazy.I've disabled all DX9 hooks.Here's the twist. The install of TP does NOT create the 4 cache folders for the four services in the MS Games folder. Isn't it supposed to do that on install? Is there a permissions thing here, too?UPDATE: Well, it appears you REALLY DO HAVE TO totally disable the UAC and reboot.Success! I do occasionally get some small color squares on the terrain, but otherwise, ... so far, it's running on this Vista just fine.