Sign in to follow this  
Guest idahlke

install error

Guest idahlke

Hi all,so i'm getting an install error (see 186643.jpg) while installing tileproxy beta 7. I have selected ignore and the installation continues without any problems. when i run tileproxy (after the configuration) i get the screen in 186644.jpg. I then begin a flight in fs9. The loading takes almost no time and the scenery is the fs9 default. occationally i see some odd mesh glitches that aren't there in regular fs9 but there is no texture difference. when i exit fs9 image 2 has not changed at all.Notes: I ran the install with most default options. The only thing i changed was to tell it to install for fs9 also. I am using Truthan's ini file for fs9 with no modifications.What i've tried: redownloading and reinstalling - same error (is the sourceforge file corrupted???). installing beta 6 - no install error, but didn't actually do anything either (i haven't really put much thought into this one so i may be able to sort it out) (is there a preconfigured ini for beta 6, or is the one from beta 7 backwards compatible?)anyways, thanks for your help.

Not sure I can help you because I'm not sure what your error represents, but since no one has replied yet to your post I thought I'd pipe in...The address in your error "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9TileproxyModulesFDSConnection.dll" seems strange because although there is a "Modules" folder in FS9 by default, it is NOT in a "Tileproxy" folder therein, even if you had once installed TP in your FS9 root folder at one time rather than the default location in the FSX folder, the TP root folder does not by default contain a "Modules" folder. My FS9 root folder 9and presumably everyone's) DOES contain an "FDSConnection.dll" in this location: "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesFDSConnection.dll" but there is no Tileproxy folder in the string. Hmmm...so, have you figured out your problem yet? If you DO have a TileProxy folder in your FS9 root folder you may wish to delete it and also unistall TP through the "Uninstall Tileproxy and Data" link in your Start Menu. A "TileProxy" folder may remain in your FSX folder afterwards too so delete it manually as well and start all over. Finally, I'm not sure of this, but judging by the error, if the TP installer needs to modify your FS9 "FDSConnection.dll" in the FS9 "Modules" folder, and since that was the object of the error, you may wish to make sure that this file is not set as a "Read Only" file because it could not therefore be modified, etc. (Right click on file and select "Properties" to check.) Admittedly, I'm in the dark here. Anyone else seen this?Lastly if you wish to try BETA 6, a Beta 6 pre-configured ProxyUser.ini file is always available in the Quick Guide for users that have less trouble with that version. See this page: http://edtruthan.com/tileproxy/tutorial/fs9users.htm

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest idahlke

hmmm...for the install path should i be using "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Tileproxy" or "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9". Initially i used 'Tileproxy' which apparently tried to create the tileproxymodules directory and add the dll file to it. If i install to the second path listed above, the install error goes away and the dll file is placed in the fs9 modules directory like you described. when i run boot it all up tileproxy appears to be downloading things, but they clearly are not being transfered into fs9 (continues using old textures)...wait...i think i figured it out. After installing to 'flight simulator 9' only i modified the cache path but didn't change the ini file. i'll see if this works.

Guest idahlke

Whoa! this rocks! so apparently the tileproxy installer wasn't recognizing that fs9 was installed and as a result did not install with the right directory structure. I chose to install to "...Flight Simulator 9Tileproxy" but had to manually check the 'install for fs9' box. It then tried to install the file mentioned in the first post into "...Flight Simulator 9TileproxyModules" (<-there actually were two slashes as typed) when it should have installed into "...Flight Simulator 9Modules".Anyways, i reinstalled fs9 and re-ran the tileproxy installer. I installed to the default "...Flight Simulator 9Tileproxy" directory. This time it recognized that fs9 was installed (in other words the 'install for fs9' box was already checked) and the installer ran smoothly with no errors, and that problem was solved.after all the above i booted tileproxy & fs9 up for the first time and found that i had another problem. my aircraft was surrounded but the black tiles (common problem i think?). Anyways after looking at the proxyuser.ini file for a minute i realized that some of the lod settings seemed to be inconsistent.They were:max_lod=13preload_min_lod=8preload_max_lod=12...[service Example 3]...min_level=9max_level=15I thought to myself, if the max lod around my plane is 13 but i'm only preloading to lod 12, then of course the nearest tiles are black, they're not being preloaded.So i changed the settings to:max_lod=12preload_min_lod=8preload_max_lod=12...[service Example 3]...min_level=8 (<-see note below)max_level=12 (<-note: I think that this is meant to describe a property of the source files and not what is being downloaded. In other words, i don't think changing it had anything to do with my problem, but i changed it nonetheless.)Anyways, that solved the black tile problem for me. I then incremented the max_lod, preload_max_lod, and max_level to 13, 14, and 15, testing between each, to find that they all worked fine.Hope this helps someone.Tileproxy is really awesome btw.