Sign in to follow this  
patcal

Radeon or TNT2

I have a TNT2 32meg video card in my P3/800. I have aquired a ATI Radeon 7000 with 64megs of ram. Will the Radeon be a improvement over the 4 year old Nvidia? Thanks.Pat Callaghan

Pat Callaghan
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz. Asus M5A97 MB
16gig Crucial DDR3 ram, Radeon HD-7970 Video
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Anybody??

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Guest ront1

Hi Pat, I sure can't speak from experience, but I would sure think that the newer Radeon would be a better card to use. Just from a support standpoint. I have a Radeon 9500PRO in my sys and sure like it.Ron

I just had that card installed in a new unit.My old one was VooDoo 4500.Major improvement but I am sure a lot of it has to do with new computer.Went from p3 866 to p4 2.4.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest outtatimeiii

I had a old Nvidia Vanta 8MB (a low class TNT based card) in my machine before I upgraded it with a Radeon 7200 64MB. That little 8MB card actually did quite well in FS2002 for the week it was in my system. It had one of the worst cases of blurries you have ever seen, but it ran ok. Now, after I put in the Radeon in, image quality jumped up a LOT (not much blurries now) and fps went up by a few. And since this Radeon is a VIVO card, I can caputre video and send video from TV, which is a feature I like.Perhaps you should try the Radeon out. Even the early ones are still nice cards. As long as you uninstall every single trace of nvidia's drivers, you should be ok.

Hi Patcal,If your TNT is a PCI card it will be good for a second screen.Longbow

It is a AGP.

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

I want to thank all for the info. I tried the Radeon last night. FS2002 was not faster but it was smoother. It seemed to draw the textures on the planes much faster. I was buzzing around in the Flight1 421C & I always had a pause when I switched views for the texture to catch up. Now even with reflections on, the textures seem already there. I am pleased with the results. Thanks again.Pat Callaghan

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit