Sign in to follow this  
Guest SaintX

FSX crashes on startup

Guest SaintX

Hi,I cannot get FSX (nor FS9) working with TileProxy already running.This is what I did:I installed the latest version of TileProxy (Mar21) to the default locations with the default settings. I installed the proxyuser.ini file for FSX (and later tested it with that for FS9) provided by Ed Truthan. I did no manual changes to any cfg or ini file.I disabled my Firewall and virus Programm (Windows Live One Care). I start TileProxy and it says: ready for takeoff.I start FSX and TileProxy begins to work (looks like it fills a out a pattern of dashes and asterisks). After a couple of seconds, roughly at that point when FSX should switch from the splash screen to the opening menu screen, Windows displays a message saying something like: FSX encoutered a problem and is shut down. If I close TileProxy and restard FSX (without any other changes) it works as usual. Any idea what I (newbie!) missed?I'm using FSX, SP2, Acceleration. Windows Vista32.Thanks for your help, Chris

Guest SaintX

sorry, sorry, sorry, I rechecked everything and there was a misplacement of an ini file. Everything seems to work perfectly after I corrected this now.What an unbelievable tool and what helpful resources, thanks to all!Chris