Sign in to follow this  
Guest PigPen

Installation issue with Vista x64

Guest PigPen

Ive searched and Ive read the manual, and I have a big hurdle to step over right now. Here is my issue:On Vista 64 bit you must enable loading of unsigned drivers in the Boot Menu (hit F8 early during boot to do that).I cannot do this. F8 brings me to a boot screen that asks me what I want my primary boot device to be (ie NVRaid Stripe or dvd-rw). These are the only options available to me at this time. Is there another way to circumnavigate this problem?

Same problem for me.I'd be glad to find a solution :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest cbuchner1

Try hitting F8 a little later, after the BIOS is done and just before Windows comes up. Maybe that will help?

I've tried Christian.But I don't get the right option to disable the digital signature but only the choice to launch in safe mode with or without network connection.I can't get rid of this frustrating message :"Error connecting to filter port: 0x8007002".:-hmmmMaybe something to do with MSCONFIG but I didn't find what.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

GOOGLE - Vista 64 loading of unsigned driversPlenty of sites that will show various ways of fixing this problem, hopefully.

Tried all kind of Google tweaks already.No success.Vista x64 SP1 doesn't allow anymore to disable this security feature.Period.:-(

Best regards,
David Roch

Guest PigPen

Same here...Microsoft took out the ability to load unsigned drivers out of the operating system. Its their latest way to keep the software developers in line I think...they dont like it when software developers show them loopholes in their system and tell them it should be there. On the other hand, I dont have SP1, and I still cant load unsigned drivers in this method. All I get is the boot options, pressing F8 again brings me to safe mode...there isnt a way around that I can see. Every resource Ive came across doesnt mention anything other than the F8 method, unless I missed something.

Guest flyalot

Did you try this tool, too?http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=dseoMy own 64-bit Vista system isn't ready yet, so I didn't try it myself. But I truely hoped this tool would solve the problem for the time being.Would be nice if somebody could try it on a Vista64 system and report back...

Guest PigPen

Ill give it a shot now.

Guest PigPen

Ok, that worked...Any chance one can post some links to some satellite services and an editing this file guide for dummies? I really could use my glasses here, they wont show up for another week.

Guest cbuchner1

There is no "Tileproxy for Dummies" book out yet, but Ed Truthan's guide is as close as it can get: www.edtruthan.com/tileproxy/tutorial

Guest flyalot

>Ok, that worked...:-jumpy Wonderful, I'm really glad to hear that.Let's hope Microsoft won't start to mess up this workaround in SP2 or so :-eekThank's for trying PigPen!

What driver am i looking to install here ?Im getting the error to connect to ox8007002 message too.

Guest ScrafFD

I finally got this to work in my own vista 64 system, with SP1 installed using the program you guy listed above. I am not quite sure how to manually add the drivers because I don't really know which ones vista is not allowing.I tried to add tileproxy.sys through the program but nothing worked. But it does work if you use "Test Mode", then reboot and install.Thanks a million for the help!

Guest MicaGR

Hello... I am new in this forum...Please help me with the problem i have...I have Windows Vista 64 SP1My problem is"E:\Games\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Tileproxy>proxyuser.exeproxyUser: World \Device\HarddiskVolume2 ===> E:proxyUser: Attempting to attach filter to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume2' (drive E:)proxyUser: Could not load filter driver: 0x80070241 (Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might haveinstalled a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.)proxyUser: Using FLTMC.exe as fallback...Load failed with error: 0x80070241Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware orsoftware change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.proxyUser: Could not attach to device: 0x801f0013 (The system could not find the filter specified.)proxyUser: FSX \Device\HarddiskVolume2 ===> E:proxyUser: making sure SuperFetch service is not running...The Superfetch service is stopping.The Superfetch service was stopped successfully.proxyUser: Connecting to the filterproxyUser: ERROR connecting to filter port: 0x80070002E:\Games\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Tileproxy>pausePress any key to continue . . ."I have tried and the cmd command to disable the digital signatureand the program with the test mode... In the installation i am getting the same notification from Windows... and when i am running Start TileProxy command i am getting the above problem.. Please HELP!!! :(