Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Map Version update

Guest cbuchner1

Hi everyone,I checked the current map_version arguments used by Services 1, 2 and 3 respectively. They are currently at...Service 1: 138Service 2: 26Service 3: 1.8You may want to update your proxyuser.ini file to get the most recent map data for flying.Christian

Guest rbrown3rd

Thanks for the update Chris.

Thanks CB! I've updated the tutorial ProxyUser.ini's for both Beta 7 and Beta 6 accordingly. -Ed

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest rbrown3rd

Ed, your deserve thanks too for your fantastic tutorial page. I have used it a number of times to show people what TP is all about. The screenshots of the keys inspired me to load up TP with the latest map version supplied by CB to take a look. The experience was terrific even with my old antiquated machine.

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

Thanks !:-cool

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

HELP !There is a new update for MVEarth since 24 June , with all french coast un 1m/pixel , how do you do for identify the map version ?

Guest cbuchner1

we're now atService 1: 167Service 2: 28Service 3: 1.8Use Firefox Extras / Page Information and click on "Media". Scroll to find the URLs to images that make up the satellite map.

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

thanks !I Tried this but I didn't saw images . I have retry now and I can see those information . ;) I return to Corsica !

Guest amalka

I'm getting a weird results when now flying with G**gle. Almost every city or airport (where the resolution before was higher as in the surrounding areas) is now blurried showing just few coloured pixels instead of a very detailed scenery as before. However as soon as I leave the city area and fly to the surrounding squares (with a lower resolution in G Maps) the images are again nice. It seems that the TP doesn't handle the new changes in G Maps properly?I just changed the kh*. to khm*. according to some other post here. Any ideas?

>I just changed the kh*. to khm*. according to some other post>here. Any ideas?Cross-post. I just queried you about that in another thread. It might be a good idea to keep one question to one thread only to avoid confusion.

Guest amalka

map_version=29As I increased this from present (I had 26 I think) it went reasonably better. But still some places like Innsbruck (LOWI) are pixelated. Just few coloured pixels.. :(

I have just flown in TP from LOWI - and everything looked good. Paste your INI file here as a TXT file and we can have a look at it to see if there is anything wrong with itBarry

Quick update:Service 1 (V****** E****): 174Service 2 (G*****): 30Just to state it one more time: They renamed their servers from kh* to khm*.Service 3 (Y****): 1.8They have changed their URL scheme slightly, reversing the zoom parameter. Fortunately, they changed it in a backwards compatible way, so no action is necessary for now.